Following the directives of The Nigerian Communications Commission to all mobile networks in the country to provide subscribers with a means of opting out of unsolicited messages and calls, the Do Not Disturb (DND) service has been introduced across all four networks.
This simple tutorial spells out what the service provides to subscribers and how to use it.
- The DND service works via SMS shortcodes
- DND service bars only messages and calls from 3rd party services e.g. VAS, Bulk SMS etc. It does not bar promotional messages from your network itself.
- You can stop all such 3rd party SMS and IVR messages or stop particular types based on classification, e.g. sports, religion, entertainment, etc
- To stop ALL 3rd party SMS and IVR messages, text STOP to 2442
- To allow all 3rd party SMS and IVR messages, text ALLOW to 2442
- To check status, text STATUS to 2442
- For help and info, text HELP to 2442
To Use Do Not Disturb to stop specific types of messages
- SMS 1 to 2442: To receive Banking / Insurance/ Financial Products SMS
- SMS 2 to 2442: To receive Real Estate SMS and IVR messages
- SMS 3 to 2442: To receive Education SMS and IVR messages
- SMS 4 to 2442: To receive Health SMS and IVR messages
- SMS 5 to 2442: To receive Consumer goods & Automobiles SMS and IVR messages
- SMS 6 to 2442: To receive Communication/Broadcasting/Entertainment/IT SMS and IVR messages
- SMS 7 to 2442: To receive Tourism & Leisure SMS and IVR messages
- SMS 8 to 2442: To receive Sport SMS and IVR messages
- SMS 9 to 2442: To receive Religion SMS and IVR messages
Now, you know how to use Do Not Disturb (DND) on your mobile network, whether you are using Airtel, Etisalat, Glo or MTN.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.