I am constantly being asked by people to help them decide what smartphone to buy. “Which is better for me: the MoPhone or the zPhone?” The truth is that what is best for you is a personal decision that depends on a range of factors that impact you as a person. You make decisions on cost, platform, size, features, user interface, and apps. It is all about your needs and preferences.
For example, regardless of how much the rest of the smartphone world may shout themselves hoarse about how locked up the iPhone is, it might just be what works for you. An iPhone is about the most limiting smartphone that I have ever used. I will eagerly take a BlackBerry Z30 (as endangered as its specie is) or even the Nokia 808 PureView (running Symbian OS that is no longer being supported) over it. Yet, the iPhone works for lots of others. That’s the way the world works. One man’s food…kills another.
Deciding what smartphone is best for you is like deciding what woman or man is best for you to date or marry. Your choice may not be what others will go along with, but it is your choice and based on your needs, tastes and values. You cannot afford to go with the crowd because their choices are popular. Again, you must not dismiss the popular choice; it might just be what you need too. You have to look at everything first. Here are a few pointers:
- Different platforms have different peculiarities that you need to consider: built-in capabilities and 3rd party apps catalogues are things you want to examine here.
- Even on same platform, different manufacturers modify/add/remove capabilities to differentiate, so you need to bear that in mind.
- Carrying comfort and ease of use: do you have small or big hands? Do you prefer small, moderate or big size?
- Looks: are you fashion-oriented or looking to make an impression with your phone? If so, looks matter.
- Lower end phones, expectedly, have compromises in terms of look, feel, and performance, but they are more affordable.
The key is to look out for yourself – what works for you.
Latest posts by Mister Mobility (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy S10 pre-order kicks off in Nigeria - February 21, 2019
- Soda S2 review - February 18, 2019
- Does Samsung S9 Plus perform better with Android Pie? - February 17, 2019