Details of the iPhone5 are now out and we can do some comparing. It is no secret that I am a sucker for simplicity and minimalism in all things. As such, Windows Phone’s minimalist user interface floats my boat to no end. Add to that the compelling features that the Nokia Lumia 920 packs, and it is no wonder that I am eyeing that device.
The question now is whether or not it is a match for the Lumia 920 in my books. I have done a comparison and the result is that I prefer Lumia920 over iPhone5. Here are the reasons why I will pick the Lumia over the iPhone.
- While both iOS and WP are restrictive, WP8 is the less restrictive of the two platforms
- WP8 has the more elegant UI of the two
- Lumia 920 has got a much better camera with PureView texchnology
- Lumia 920 has got a much larger and better display. iPhone 5 has 640 x 1136 pixels, 4.0 inches (326 ppi pixel density), while Lumia 920 has 768 x 1280 pixels, 4.5 inches (332 ppi pixel density) plus better real-life performance
- The Lumia gives me Nokia’s excellent Maps services
That’s my take: I am convinced that the Lumia is the better of the two devices, barring the fact that iOS has a greater number of apps than WP. That factor is no biggie, because WP has all the apps I need anyway. iOS only gives more options. Move over, iPhone5, it is time to switch to Lumia – Lumia 920.
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.