The Redmi Note 5 and Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro were launched together in February 2018. The Redmi Note 5 Pro alone sold 300,000 units in under 3 minutes right after launch. And from that time till now, both devices put together have sold over 5 million units. There is a reason why the Note5 Pro is selling like hot cake.
But first, note that the device has two variants, based on different RAM, as follows: 4GB RAM and 6GB.
Now, consider that there is a big, solid 5.99-inch FullView Display, 4G LTE, 64 GB internal storage, Snapdragon 636 processor, rear dual camera, rear fingerprint scanner, and a beefy 4000mAh battery with QuickCharge 2.0 in the mix. All of these for $155/$218, depending on the memory configuration you go for. Simply put, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Android smartphone is a steal.
On the software end of things, the phone launched with Android 7.1.2 Nougat but a software upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo has been rolling out since June.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Specifications, Features and Price
Find below the full Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro specs, features, availability and price.
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE frequency bands 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Dual Nano-SIM
- OS: Android 7.1.2 Nougat + MIUI 9. Upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo since June
Design and Appearance
- Dimensions: 158.6 x 75.4 x 8.05 mm
- Weight: 181 g
- Display: 5.99 inches, 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio, IPS LCD display, Gorilla Glass
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Infra-red, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambience
- Colours: Black. Gold. Rose Gold. Lake Blue.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 506
- RAM: 4 GB / 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB (hybrid slot)
Photography and Video Recording
- Rear: Dual 12 megapixels + 5 megapixels, auto-focus, LED flash
- Video recording: 1080 @ 30fps
- Front-facing: 20 megapixels, Soft selfie light
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v5.0
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Charging: 5V/2A Fast Battery Charging (QuickCharge 2.0)
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-removable Lithium-Polymer 4000mAh
- Announced: February 2018
- Availability: February 2018
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Price
The Redmi Note 5 Pro price starts at Ksh 29,999 for the 4GB RAM variant and Ksh 34,999 for the 6GB RAM variant in Kenya. It sells for INR 13,999 and Rs. 16,999 respectively in India. The 6GB variant sells for NGN113,000 in Nigeria.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
That motivated, gadget-loving geeky chic who tries to stay on top of things. Unapologetic iFan. Currently rocking an Apple iPhone 7.