Last week, Windows 10 Mobile version 10586.164 began rolling out. If you own a smartphone running Windows 10 Mobile, you should get your update notification soon if you haven’t yet been notified. It isn’t a huge update, but brings some bug fixes to the platform. Here are the main improvements in this release:
- Improvements for the reliability of app notifications, including text messages and alarms not ringing as scheduled.
- Improvements for text message backup to reduce data and battery usage.
- Fixes for Microsoft Edge with address bar suggestions showing late or persisting during navigation, “Close all tabs” not closing all tabs, and Word Flow on the address bar not functioning as expected.
- Fix for a problem where the Microsoft account was not detected by the Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar and People app. Attempting to add a new contact in this state caused the People app to crash for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused the Wi-Fi connection to temporarily switch off after prolonged use for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused first-party app updates to fail to install successfully for some users, leaving the apps in state where they cannot be launched.
- Improvements for battery usage, Bluetooth connectivity, and OS reliability.
To check for updates, you can also tap Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates.
Latest posts by Mister Mobility (see all)
- Soda S2 Review - February 18, 2019
- Does Samsung S9 Plus perform better with Android Pie? - February 17, 2019
- This brand offers the best value for money smartphone in Nigeria - February 15, 2019