Microsoft’s new Windowsphone 7 OS got off with a flying start today with the announcement of a deluge of devices, many of which will be in the market in weeks.
HTC took the spotlight with five (5) devices announced. They include:
- HTC 7 Surround: 3.8″ display. Features a Dolby Mobile system with SRS WOW HD sound. Exclusive to AT&T in the US
- HTC 7 Mozart: 3.7″ display. 8 megapixel camera. Built from a single piece of aluminum.
- HTC 7 Trophy: a 3.8″ display
- HTC HD7: 4.3″ display. T-Mobile.
- HTC 7 Pro: slide-out QWERTY keyboard. For Sprint
Samsung have two devices in their WP7 lineup:
- Samsung i8700 Omnia 7 – 4″ Super AMOLED screen
- Samsung Focus for AT&T – 4″ Super AMOLED screen. Has microSD slot.
LG also has two (2) devices announced:
- Optimus 7 – 3.8″ display
- Optimus 7Q – 3.5″ with QWERTY keyboard
This is quite a show of force for Windowsphone 7 at launch. It is certainly a more spectacular launch compared to Android’s launch with just the T-mobile G1. Can WP7 wip up the frenzy required to push it into contention in the mobile smartphone market?
I am hoping so, if only for the sake of competition.