Xiaomi Mi A2 and Mi 6X are identical twins, having the same hardware and distinguished only by the software on the inside. Fans of Chinese smartphone maker know that Mi phones run a customised flavour of Android OS. The Mi 6X runs the latest version called MIUI 9.5.
The Xiaomi Mi A2 is the pure Android version of the Mi 6X, just as Mi A1 was to the Mi 5X. That is the difference between both phones. Everything else is the same.
So, what else do the Xiaomi Mi 6X and Mi A2 bring to the table? A 5.99-inch display with 18:9 aspect ratio and Gorilla Glass protection, a Snapdragon 660 processor, and AI dual cameras on the back.
Xiaomi Mi 6X and Xiaomi Mi A2 Specifications
Find below the full Xiaomi Mi 6X and Xiaomi Mi A2 specs, features, availability and price.
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz; CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE frequency bands 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 34(2000) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Dual Nano-SIM
- OS: Stock Android 8.1 Oreo / MIUI 9.5
- Dimensions: 158.7 x 75.4 x 7.3 mm
- Weight: 168 g
- Display: 5.99 inches, 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio, LTPS IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Sensors: Face Unlock (Xiaomi Mi 6X), Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity
- Build: Glass + Aluminium
- Colours: Cherry Pink, Flame Red, Sand Gold, Glacier Blue, Black
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.2 GHz Kryo 260
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 512
- RAM: 4 GB / 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB / 64GB / 128GB
- External Storage: None
- Rear: Dual 12 megapixels + 20 megapixels, auto-focus, LED flash
- Video recording: 2160 @ 30fps
- Front-facing: 20 megapixels
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Audio: No 3.5mm jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v5.0
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0, Type-C 1.0, USB-OTG
- Charging: Fast battery charging 5V/2A (Quick Charge 1.0)
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3010mAh
- Announced: April 2018
- Availability: April 2018 (Xiaomi Mi 6X) / June 2018 (Mi A2)
How much are Xiaomi Mi 6X and Xiaomi Mi A2?
Xiaomi Mi 6X cost CNY1,599 or about $250/€210 at launch.
Where To Buy Xiaomi Mi 6X and Xiaomi Mi A2?
You will be able to buy Xiaomi Mi 6X in China, and Xiaomi Mi A2 around the world via offline and online retail stores.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.