There have been leaks, rumours and news about an upcoming new product line from Xiaomi, and the Xiaomi PocoPhone F1 is going to be the first in line. It isn’t clear what Xiaomi’s plans for the new range are, but I am guessing that this will be a budget range, similar to Huawei’s Honor sub-brand.
Budget smartphones are where the action is happening these days, and by that I mean the sales action. So it makes sense for Xiaomi to replicate a winning strategy.
The details of this first PocoPhone are not officially out yet, but product packaging leaks have given us enough to tell you that it is a flagship grade phone. Powering it is a Snapdragon 845 processor, and it has 6 GB of RAM, an AI-powered dual camera, a 4000 mAh battery coupled with fast battery charging. There is also a liquid cooling system somewhere under the hood.
Not half bad, especially if it costs significantly less than the Xiaomi Mi 8.
Xiaomi PocoPhone F1 Specs and Features
- Display: 6.18-inch, Full HD, 18.7:9 aspect ratio, FullView display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Infrared Face Unlock, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Proximity
- Build: Plastic with metal-like finish
- Dimensions: 157.2 x 75.4 x 8.8 mm
- SIM: Hybrid Dual-SIM
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.8 GHz Kryo 385
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD
- Rear Camera: Dual 12 megapixels + 5 megapixels, f/1.75, auto-focus, LED flash
- Front-facing Camera: 20 megapixels, AI, f/2.0, Super Pixel photography
- USB: USB 2.0 data transfer, USB Type-C
- Charging: 18W Quick Charge 3.0
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4000mAh
Quite a package. The Xiaomi Pocophone F1 specs are unequivocal about where the device stands – shining bright at the top and going head-to-head with other 2018 flagships. The similarities with the Mi 8 are uncanny, so one really wonders what the game plan is.
It is as if Xiaomi wants to push out a replica of its flagship. But why? Again, if it costs less, that makes some sense, but it would have to be restricted to certain markets or why would anyone want to buy a Xiaomi Mi 8 then? So, what will the F1 cost? Where will it be sold?
Xiaomi PocoPhone F1 Price and Availability
The Xiaomi PocoPhone F1 is expected to hit the market before the end of the year. Rumours say that it will cost about $490, which would make nonsense of my suspicion that this is a budget product line. But again, that price isn’t confirmed information. So, we wait.
Full availability is yet to be confirmed either, but we have official confirmation that it will be available in India and in some European countries. You can be sure that I will update this article with fresh information about the Xiaomi PocoPhone F1 as they unfold.
- xiaomi pocophone f1
- xiaomi pocofone f1
- xiaomi poco specs