Xiaomi PocoPhone F1, AKA Poco F1, is officially the cheapest Snapdragon 845 phone. It features 6 GB RAM, AI-powered dual camera, 4000 mAh battery, and Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0, among others.
There have been leaks, rumours and news about an upcoming new product line from Xiaomi, and the Xiaomi PocoPhone F1 is going to be the first in line. It isn’t clear what Xiaomi’s plans for the new range are, but we are guessing that this will be a budget range, similar to Huawei’s Honor sub-brand.
Budget smartphones are where the action is happening these days, and by that I mean the sales action. So it makes sense for Xiaomi to replicate a winning strategy. But then, Xiaomi already has Redmi as a budget line, so…
The PocoPhone is a phone with flagship specs in a mid-range shell. Powering it is a Snapdragon 845 processor, and it has 6 GB of RAM, an AI-powered dual camera, a 4000 mAh battery coupled with the most advanced fast battery charging standard, Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0. There is also a liquid cooling system somewhere under the hood.
Not half bad, especially if it costs significantly less than the Xiaomi Mi 8. The price makes the Pocofone F1 the cheapest Snapdragon 845 phone.
Xiaomi PocoPhone F1 Specs and Features
- Display: 5.99-inch, 1080 x 2246 pixels, Full HD, 18:9 aspect ratio, FullView display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Infrared Face Unlock, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Proximity
- Build: Plastic with metal-like finish + splash resistance
- Dimensions: 157.2 x 75.4 x 8.8 mm
- Software / OS: Android 8.1 Oreo + MIUI for Poco 9.6
- SIM: Hybrid Dual-SIM
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.8 GHz Kryo 385
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 630
- RAM size: 6 GB / 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB / 256 GB
- External Storage: microSD
- Rear Camera: Dual 12 megapixels + 5 megapixels, f/1.75, auto-focus, LED flash
- Front-facing Camera: 20 megapixels, AI, f/2.0, Super Pixel photography
- Audio: Front-facing Stereo Speakers
- USB: USB 2.0 data transfer, USB Type-C
- Battery Charging: 18W Quick Charge 4.0
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4000mAh
Quite a package. The Xiaomi Pocophone F1 specs are unequivocal about where the device stands – shining bright at the top and going head-to-head with other 2018 flagships. The similarities with the Mi 8 are uncanny, so one initially wondered what the game plan was.
It is as if Xiaomi wants to push out a replica of its flagship. But why? Again, if it costs less, that makes some sense, but it would have to be restricted to certain markets or why would anyone want to buy a Xiaomi Mi 8 then? So, what will the F1 cost? Where will it be sold?
The distinction lies mostly in the shell or body. The Poco F1 does not have the body of a flagship smartphone. In terms of materials and looks, it will win no flagship awards. So, what we have here is a balanced combination of flagship specs in a budget shell.
On the software side, it runs a different type of MIUI called MIUI for Poco.
The Poco brand sits somewhere between the regular Xiaomi brand and the Redmi brand, it appears.
Xiaomi PocoPhone F1 Price and Availability
The Xiaomi PocoPhone F1 is expected to hit the market before the end of the year and will cost 21,000 rupees ( about $300) for the 6GB/64GB model, 24,000 rupees (about $345) for the 6GB/128GB model, 29,000 rupees (about $415) for the 8GB/256GB model, and 30,000 rupees (about $430) for the 8GB/256GB model with Kevlar back.
Yes; it is the cheapest Snapdragon 845 phone. It looks like Xiaomi is has upended OnePlus as the manufacturer of the flagship killer. The Poco F1 is officially the new flagship killer.
Full availability is yet to be confirmed either, but we have official confirmation that it will be available in India and in some European countries.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Pocophone F1 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.