Xiaomi Redmi Go Phone. Quick Specs: released February 2019, Android 8 Oreo Go Edition, 5″ display, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 425 chipset, 1 GB RAM, up to 16 GB internal memory, 3000mAh battery. Price range: Below $100.
This is the first entry-level phone from Xiaomi and its budget sub-brand, Redmi. The brand is pushing to get a stronger foothold in international markets.
Xiaomi Redmi Go Phone Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz; CDMA 800 / 1900 / TD-SCDMA
- 3G mobile network: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 MHz; CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G mobile network: LTE bands 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 20(800) / 28(700) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 8 Oreo (Go Edition)
Design, Form Factor and Appearance
- Dimensions: 140.4 x 70.1 x 8.35 mm
- Weight: 137g
- Display: 5 inch, 1,280 x 720 pixels resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio, IPS screen
- Sensors: Gyroscope, Accelerator, Proximity Sensor
- Colours: Black. Blue.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit Quad-core 1.4 GHz ARM Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 425
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 308
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal Storage: 8 GB / 16 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography and Video
- Rear Camera: 8 megapixels, LED flash, F2.0 Aperture, video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 5 megapixels, F2.2 Aperture, video capture.
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes (requires 3.5mm headphone plugged in)
- Bluetooth: v4.1, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Beidou
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Charging: 5V/1A Regular Charging
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 3,000 mAh
- Announced: January 2019
- Availability: February 2019
- Xiaomi Redmi Go Phone Price: $65. You will be able to pick one up for €80 in Europe or PHP3,990 in the Philippines. It sells for about N27,000 in Nigeria.
- Availability: Europe. Philippines. India. Nigeria (on Jumia).
The India-only 16 GB storage variant has a price tag of INR4,799 (about $70).
Xiaomi Redmi Go Review Rating
We are currently reviewing the Redmi Go and so we do not have a review rating for it yet. This page will be updated with our review rating, as well as the link to the review page, as soon as our review is ready. While you wait, please read our Redmi Go hands-on review and first impressions.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
The Xiaomi Redmi Go is one of the best built entry-level phones we have seen, thanks to the signature Xiaomi design style and materials. Plus it offers 4G LTE. However, it lacks a fingerprint reader. In use, it runs smooth for regular tasks but will naturally balk if you try to push it too hard.
If LTE band 28 is important to you, be sure to confirm that the model you are buying actually supports it, because that feature is not available on units sold everywhere.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about Xiaomi Redmi Go is 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.