The above is a screenshot of an SMS that I received on my line yesterday. Several others that I know on the same network received the same message. Here it is in text:
Dear Glo Customer, pls reply with your alternate contact number & Email Id to help us serve you better. GLO Customer Care.
Should you respond with your details to such a message as this? In my opinion, No; you should not. Here are my reasons:
1. You truly cannot verify who sent this message and so who your details will be sent to
2. If you have registered your line, you already gave Glo your alternate number and email ID. I am wondering why they would be requesting those same details again.
One way to do be sure is to call Glo customer care line (if you can get through) to ask about the source of such a message and why it is required. Personally, I just ignored it.
PS: I came across a status update by an individual who says he responded to the SMS and got billed a certain amount. Really? Money was deducted money from his account for responding to the message? This further fuels my suspicion that this is not from Glo – or is a clever scam with connivance from some people inside Glo. Those who responded to this should expect some new SPAM SMS and emails any time soon. My opinion.
Latest posts by Mister Mobility (see all)
- Soda S2 Review - February 18, 2019
- Does Samsung S9 Plus perform better with Android Pie? - February 17, 2019
- This brand offers the best value for money smartphone in Nigeria - February 15, 2019