A mobile repeater is a device used for boosting mobile phone reception in a small area by re-broadcasting the signal picked up from your network operator. This provides improved signal strength to the end user. The benefits include clearer reception and audio, as well as improved phone battery life. Phones generally consume more battery in areas of weak signals. An improved signal translates to improvements in battery life.
There is also the question of legality. If I remember well, rebroadcasting signals without regulatory approval is illegal. Anyone with more information?
I have never seen or used one, but it shouldn’t be out of place that someone here has actually used a repeater. Perhaps someone who lives and/or works in remote areas? A few questions:
1. Where did you get it from?
2. What brand/make was it?
3. Did you have to get any official permission to deploy it?
Thanks in advance for your responses.
Latest posts by Mister Mobility (see all)
- This brand offers the best value for money smartphone in Nigeria - February 15, 2019
- Samsung Galaxy S9 problems pop up after Android Pie update - February 14, 2019
- PiggyBank rebrands to PiggyVest but we are not having it - February 11, 2019