Rumors have been making rounds recently, concerning YouTube starting a subscription service. We have asked our readers here if they would subscribe monthly for unfettered access to YouTube – many rejected the offer 😀 Like it or not, the new service will kick-off soon.
Starting October 28 YouTube will start trials for YouTube Red, and below are it’s major features:
- Lets you enjoy videos across all of YouTube without ads.
- Allows you save videos to watch offline on your phone or tablet.
- Ability play videos in the background. (I thought apps can do this too? 🙄 )
- $9.99 a month for Android users and $12.99 for iOS users.
- Member-only access to new, original TV shows and movies from YouTube’s biggest creators. (Starting next year).
- Extension across devices, mobile, desktop and other YouTube services like YouTube Gaming and YouTube Kids.
YouTube Music is also another service about too be launched soon.
YouTube Music is designed to make discovering, watching and listening to music easier than ever. Any song or artist you choose on YouTube Music will start you on a personal journey through one of the richest music catalogs; just sign in, tap a track you love, and see where your music takes you. And as a special bonus – YouTube Red works with Google Play Music, so subscribe to one and automatically get access to the other.
My concern is that apps like TubeMate and SnapTube don’t get discontinued. Your thoughts.