What do you need two fingerprint scanners and two colour screens for on a phone? ZTE nubia X has a proposition for you, and you will have to decide whether or not it will fly.
The main display is 6.26 inches in size. At the back of the phone is another coulor touchscreen of 5.1 inches in size. Both displays are FullView.
So you can lock and unlock each screen separately, ZTE has included a fingerprint scanner on each side of the phone – one for each screen. That is what you need two scanners for. Plus, the scanners double as navigation buttons.
The ZTE nubia X has no front-facing camera. To take a selfie, point the main camera at yourself and the secondary display serves as your viewfinder. We are expecting bomb selfies from the nubia X. As you already know, selfie cameras are not as good as the main camera on phones.
As with other recent flagships, the 3.5mm audio jack is missing. You are getting used to this by now; right? And there is no memory card support either. But then you get 64GB, 128GB or 256GB internal storage, depending on which variant of the phone you opt for.
ZTE nubia X Specs
- Main screen: 6.26 inches, 1080 x 2280 pixels, LCD display
- Secondary screen: 5.1 inches, 720 X 1520 pixels, AMOLED display
- Sensors: two fingerprint sensors, proximity, accelerometer,
- Processor: Snapdragon 845
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB
- Storage: 64GB / 128GB / 256GB
- Battery: 3800mAh
- Photography and video: 16MP + 24MP dual camera, AI scene recognition, LED flash.
ZTE nubia X Price
- 6GB/64GB version: CNY 3,299 ($473),
- 8GB/128GB version: CNY 3,699 ($530)
- 8GB/256GB version: CNY 4,199 ($602).
The nubia X is available from November 5, 2018.
So, we have two screens so we can avoid the notch. And then, we have two fingerprint scanners, so we can unlock each screen independent of the other.
It is a modern day miracle that the nubia X does not cost more than it does. Are you getting one? You have to order it from China unless it is made available internationally.