Last Updated on by Admin
Things are not rosy all the time, and sometimes, we need a little help to get through tough patches. If you need free or extremely cheap meals in the United Kingdom, there are a number of free food apps you can turn to for help. These apps also help reduce food wastage. Industry experts say that one-third of food is thrown away each year. That is a lot of food going to waste, and we are not talking of spoilt or bad food here. Just food that isn’t needed any more.
The free food apps listed below help to solve the problem of food wastage by making available to others food that would otherwise be thrown away. You can download and install these apps to help you get food for free in the UK. They help to prevent food waste by providing a platform where people who need free meals can get free food from individuals and organisations that don’t want it.
Get Free Or Cheap Meals Using These Free Food Apps
- Olio – This is a free food apps that connects people who want to give away meals and other domestic items, and those who want them. On OLIO, millions of people give away food, groceries, and other household items to neighbours and strangers, at no cost whatsoever. If you are hard up and need a free meal, Olio is one of your very best options to get free food in the UK. all for free. Search for your needs, select them, submit your request, and arrange to pick it up. The app is free to use.
- FoodCloud – Another free food app, FoodCloud connects supermarkets with charities and community groups, such as homeless shelters and family support services, across the UK and Ireland. Restaurants, cafes and bakeries, and all kinds of food businesses donate their surplus food through this app. Supermarkets simply upload a description of the unsold food they have to an app and a local, linked charity gets a notification that food can be collected. This app is completely free to use.
- Too Good to Go – Restaurants, cafes and bakeries list leftover food that would otherwise be thrown away. Users get to browse this mobile app for free food available and around their locations and can pick up their choice at a fraction of the original selling price. Users can find cheap meals based on their nutritional needs. While the food is not free, it is quite cheap, and the Too Good To Go mobile app itself is free to download and use.
- Karma – Restaurants, bakeries, cafes, wholesalers, and other food establishments constantly give out food that would otherwise be thrown away, and the Karma mobile app is one place where they do it. The food is not completely free here, but rather cheap. The app lets you see what meals are available to buy at each outlet, at discounted prices. Like the others, the app is free to download and use.
These free food apps all do an excellent job of connecting millions of people and helping to reduce food wastage in the UK. If you have free food to give out, sign up and help provide the balance that the world needs. If you are on a tight budget and in search of free or cheap food, these apps provide you with an easy way to find people who are cheerfully giving away what you want.
- Don’t miss our mobile phone reviews.
- Follow our news on Google News.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.