The IMO Q5 smartphone is a product of a collaboration between IMO Mobile and British retailer, Tesco. The compact Android 12 smartphone has a 5.5-inch IPS display, is powered by a Unisoc chipset, and has a smallish 2500 mAh battery.
Other features include 2 GB RAM, 16 GB built-in storage, and 4G LTE network support. There is a 5MP selfie camera at the front and a 13MP dual camera at the back. Expectedly, considering the price, there is no fingerprint scanner, but there is face unlock.
IMO Q5 specifications
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE.
- 5G mobile network bands: No
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 12
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 148.2 x 71.1 x 10.2 mm
- Weight: 170g
- Display: 5.5 inches, 540 x 1132 pixels, 60 Hz refresh rate, 18:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD screen
- Colours: Midnight Blue.
- Physical Build: Plastic frame; plastic rear panel.
Internal Hardware Specifications
Photography, Video Recording
- Main Camera: 13 MP main sensor + 0.3 MP, autofocus, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front Camera: 5 MP, fixed focus, Face Recognition, 720p@30fps video capture
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speaker
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: No.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: No.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): No.
- Fingerprint Scanner: No.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Blaster: No.
Miscellaneous Specifications and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 2500 mAh
- Battery Charging: 5W charging
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Version/Number:
Launch/Release Dates and Information
- Announced: November 18, 2022
- Release Date: November 18, 2022
IMO Q5 Price
The IMO Q5 phone is available in the United Kingdom (UK) for £79.99 only, from Tesco and Tesco Mobile stores. It is available on a pay-as-you-go plan (unlimited text and calls plus a data bundle), a monthly payment, and also SIM-free.
Does IMO Q5 have Google Play Store?
It supports Google Services and software applications, including Play Store and Maps, Gmail, YouTube, and others.
Will IMO Q5 work in the USA?
This is a GSM phone and is supported on US GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile and other networks riding on their networks. It does not support CDMA networks. Do make enquiries from your carrier to know what bands/frequencies are supported on their service, if travelling to the USA.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is a recommendation based on the specifications of the device and a general guide to help you understand how much value a device offers for its price. It is not an endorsement of the device. Ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device; MobilityArena takes no responsibility for your buying decisions.
IMO Q5 Phone Review Rating
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specifications and information on this page are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please leave a comment below.
That motivated, gadget-loving geeky chic who tries to stay on top of things. Unapologetic iFan.