Microsoft Surface Duo 2 specs in brief
- OS: Android 11
- Release Date: October 2021
- Network Type: 2G/3G/4G/5G
- Display: Dual 5.8-inch panels
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
- Selfie Camera: 12 MP
- Rear Camera: 12 MP triple
- RAM: 8 GB
- ROM: 512 GB
- Battery: 4449 mAh
Table of Contents
Microsoft Surface Duo 2 specs & features
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48, 66, 71.
- 5G mobile network bands: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 20, 25, 28, 38, 41, 66, 71, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA/Sub6 – International; 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 20, 25, 28, 38, 41, 66, 71, 77, 78, 79, 257, 260, 261 SA/NSA/Sub6/mmWave – USA.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, eSIM
- Software / OS: Android 11
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 184.5 x 145.2 x 5.5 mm unfolded; 145.2 x 92.1 x 11 mm folded.
- Weight: 284g
- Display: Dual 5.8-inch 1892×1344 resolution AMOLED panels, when combined become an 8.3-inch, 2688×1892 pixels big screen. 90Hz refresh rate. Corning Gorilla Glass Victus. Supports the new Surface Slim Pen 2 stylus.
- Colours: Obsidian. Glacier.
- Physical Build: Glass front, Glass back.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.84 GHz Octa-core, Cortex
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 660
- RAM: 8 GB LPDDR5 memory
- Internal Storage: 128 GB / 256 GB / 512 GB
- External Storage: No.
Photography, Video Recording
- Main Camera: 12 MP wide-angle sensor + 12 MP telephoto sensor + 16 MP ultra-wide angle lens, autofocus, dual LED flash, 4k video, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Selfie Camera: 12 MP, 1080p video recording
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: no 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Stereo loudspeaker
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: .
- Digital Compass: Yes (dual).
- Accelerometer: Yes (dual).
- Proximity Sensor: Yes (dual).
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes (dual).
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; side-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth Version: 5.1 LE, aptX Adaptive
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0. Type-C 3.2. DisplayPort
- NFC: Yes.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4449 mAh
- Battery Charging: 23W fast charging
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Version/Number:
Launch/Release Dates and Information
- Announced: September 2021
- Release Date: October 2021
Microsoft Surface Duo 2 Prices by Country
- International/Global: from $1499.00
- European Union:
The above prices may change with time from country to country, as market forces and economic policies influence product price movements.
Does Microsoft Surface Duo 2 have Google Play Store?
Yes; it supports Google Services and software applications, including Play Store and Maps, Gmail, YouTube, and others.
Will Microsoft Surface Duo 2 work in the USA?
This is a GSM device and is supported on US GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile and other networks riding on their networks. It does not support CDMA networks. Do make enquiries from your carrier to know what bands/frequencies are supported on their service.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is a recommendation based on the specs of the device and a general guide to help you understand how much value a device offers for its price. It is not an endorsement of the device. Ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device; MobilityArena takes no responsibility for your buying decisions.
Microsoft Surface Duo 2 Phone Review Rating
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we cannot guarantee that the specs and information on this page are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please leave a comment below.