Sudan is the 3rd largest country in Africa and has a population of 34 million. But it doesn’t show up often in news about mobile or telecoms on the continent. That doesn’t mean that it is a pushover or that nothing is happening in that space. This article highlights statistics and fact about mobile technology in Sudan.
Facts About Mobile technology in Sudan
Here are a few interesting facts as at Q1 2017:
- Mobile Subscribers: 27 Million
- Smartphone Users: 9 Million
- Internet users: 12 million
- Mobile Money subscribers: 1 Million in 4 months since the launch
- Country Calling code: +249
Mobile Operators in Sudan
Mobile network operators in Sudan include:
- Zain Sudan
- Sudani One
- MTN Sudan
- Canartel (Canar Telecommunications)
Zain Sudan is the country’s largest mobile operator and was also the first to deploy 4G LTE services in April 2016.
- Don’t miss our reviews.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.