Sudan is the 3rd largest country in Africa and has a population of 34 million. But it doesn’t show up often in news about mobile or telecoms on the continent. That doesn’t mean that it is a pushover or that nothing is happening in that space. This article highlights statistics and fact about mobile technology in Sudan.
Facts About Mobile technology in Sudan
Here are a few interesting facts as at Q1 2017:
- Mobile Subscribers: 27 Million
- Smartphone Users: 9 Million
- Internet users: 12 million
- Mobile Money subscribers: 1 Million in 4 months since the launch
- Country Calling code: +249
Mobile Operators in Sudan
Mobile network operators in Sudan include:
- Zain Sudan
- Sudani One
- MTN Sudan
- Canartel (Canar Telecommunications)
Zain Sudan is the country’s largest mobile operator and was also the first to deploy 4G LTE services in April 2016.