How do I say this? It is the silliest thing ever that a brand will release a new model of an existing phone – but with exactly the same design and the same specs and features. Ladies and gentlemen, Xiaomi has announced the Redmi 10 2022, and it is exactly the same device as the Redmi 10 from 2021.
Nothing has changed. Not an inch in the dimensions. Not a pixel on the screen. Not the battery size. Absolutely nothing. Let’s have a look at the specs.
Xiaomi Redmi 10 2022 specs and features
- 6.5-inch LCD with 90Hz refresh rate, with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Software: MIUI 12.5, based on Android 11
- Colours: Pebble White, Carbon Gray, Sea Blue
- Front Camera: 8 MP lens
- Rear Camera: 50 MP main lens + 8MP ultrawide lens + 2 MP macro lens + 2 MP depth sensor.
- MediaTek Helio G88 chipset
- 4 GB RAM
- 64 GB and 128 GB built-in storage
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Stereo loudspeakers
- 5,000mAh battery
- 18W fast charging
- 9W reverse charging
Xiaomi couldn’t even update it to Android 12 out of the box. Not even a software upgrade. What is this strategy of releasing the same phone under a different name called? Because this takes the cake and ranks at the top of the silliest phone announcements we have ever seen.
- Don’t miss our reviews.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.