The Apple MacBook Air 2018 specs make it an improvement and proper upgrade over the original MacBook Air. It was announced during Apple’s October 2018 event.
This sleek laptop features a retina display, touch ID, fingerprint sensor security and is available from November 7 2018. The MacBook Air 2018 is made up of recycled aluminium, weighs a lightweight 1.25kg and is a lot slimmer.
Apple MacBook Air 2018 Specs
– Processor – 8th Generation Intel Core i5.
– Display – 13.3-inch Retina Display (2560×1600) LED.
– Graphics – Intel UHD Graphics 617.
– Memory/Storage – 8GB to 16GB / 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1.5TB SSD.
– Connectivity – 802.11 ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2.
– Ports – 2x Type-C USB(Thunderbolt) and 3.5mm headphone Jack.
– Upto 13 hours battery life.
– Face Time HD Camera, Touch ID, T2 Security chip.
The Apple MacBook Air 2018 boasts of a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels on its 13.3″ display which accounts for 48% more colour and the Retina Display – the first for a MacBook Air. This gives the screen four times the resolution of its predecessors.
Other items you will find on the ultra-slim MacBook Air 2018 specs sheet include the 8th Gen dual-core Intel core i5 base clock 1.6GHz and boost speed up to 3.6GHz processor that guarantees efficiency and better performance. This also extends to its battery life – reaching 12 hours for video play-back or wireless web use.
Apple opted for its third generation butterfly keyboard that enables durability. The keyboard is also the location for the fingerprint sensor spotted at the extreme right on the top row.
Like the MacBook Pro 2018, it also features thunderbolt enabled 2 USB-C ports, Touch ID, Force Touch trackpad, always-on audio processor and a 3.5mm headphone Jack.
That is it for the Apple MacBook Air 2018 specs. It comes in Gold, Space-gray and Silver colour with a starting price of $1199.
- Don’t miss our mobile phone reviews.
- Follow our news on Google News.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.