One thing that every iPhone user dreads is losing their phone. Not being able to find your phone can be a traumatic experience. While there are things you can do to keep your device from getting lost, there is no guarantee that it won’t happen. Which is why there are things you can try out if you lose your phone. For example, you can find your lost iPhone using Apple Watch, if you own one of those. The Ping iPhone feature on Apple Watch makes your iPhone give a loud pinging sound, so you can locate it easily.
How The Ping iPhone Feature Works
Note that the ping iPhone feature requires that your Apple Watch be paired and connected to your smartphone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi beforehand. Otherwise, it won’t work.
Here’s what to do to ping your missing iPhone with Apple Watch:
- Swipe upwards from the Apple Watch clock face to get to Glances.
- Swipe right two times until the Control Panel opens. You should see some features like Airplay, Do Not Disturb, and Ping iPhone.
- If there is a green indicator shown, tap Ping iPhone. This will make your phone ring out loud, so you can follow the sound to find your phone.
A variation of this feature lets your phone flash blink when you ping it. This is helpful when you search in dark areas, and also helpful for people with impaired hearing. To use the flashing LED light, tap and hold the ping button instead. Now, you do not need to ask your roommate or spouse to call your iPhone any longer when you can’t find it.
Note that if you do not see a green indicator displayed when carrying out the above steps, your device is too far (perhaps you forgot it at the office or somewhere else you have been), the ping iPhone feature will not work. In that case, you will have to try finding your phone using iCloud.
- Don’t miss our reviews.
- Follow our news on Google News.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.