Google Pixel 3a Quick Specs: unlocked Android smartphone features a 5.6-inch display, Snapdragon 670 chipset, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB internal storage, 8 MP selfie camera, 12 MP rear camera, 3000 mAh battery with QuickCharge.
Google Pixel 3a XL Quick Specs: unlocked Android 9 Pie smartphone features a 6-inch display with 1080 x 2160 pixel resolution, Snapdragon 670 chipset, 8 MP selfie camera, 12 MP rear camera, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB internal memory, and a 3000 mAh battery with QuickCharge.
While the Pixel 3a is a 2019 device, there is no dual camera in sight on both front and back of this phone. Google is still betting on their traditional single camera setup. But then, this is a lite version of the Pixel 3. Something has got to give.
At the back is a 12 megapixels camera. At the front is an 8 megapixels camera. The Pixel 3a is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 670 processor. There is 4 GB of RAM to make sure that app switching is smooth.
The 3000 mAh capacity battery is small-ish, but then there might not be much to worry about, considering the screen size and the efficient processor.
This is a handy Pixel cell phone. And it is more affordable too. With its specs, it looks like a good deal for Android purists and phone photography enthusiasts who do not want to spend $1000 on a smartphone.
There is an XL version of the Pixel 3a, as well, with some bumped up specs. The specs for both devices are available below.
Google Pixel 3a Specs and features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz; CDMA
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz; CDMA
- 4G: LTE bands 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 42(3500), 46, 66(1700/2100), 71(600)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- Software / OS: Stock Android 9 Pie
Design, Form Factor and Appearance
- Dimensions: 151.3 x 70.1 x 8.2 mm / 160.1 x 76.1 x 8.2 mm for Pixel 3a XL
- Weight: 147 g / 167 g for Pixel 3a.
- Display: 5.6-inch, 1080 x 2220 pixels, 18.5:9 aspect ratio, OLED display. Pixel 3a XL has a 6-inch display with 1080 x 2160 pixel resolution. Both models have Asahi Dragontrail Glass protection.
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted), Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Compass
- Colours: Black. White. Purple.
- Materials: Plastic body.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.0 GHz; Kryo 360 Gold
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 670
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 615
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: No
Photography and Video Recording
- Rear Camera: Single 12 megapixels, Sony IMX363, auto-focus, dual LED flash, 2160p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: Single 8 megapixels wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p@30fps video capture.
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Audio: 3.5mm jack
- Loudspeaker: Stereo speakers.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v3.0, Type-C Connector
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Charging: 18W QuickCharge; USB Power Delivery 2.0
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 3000 mAh (Google Pixel 3a XL has 3700 mAh battery)
- Availability: May 7, 2019 in all countries where Google sells Pixel phones.
Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL Prices
The Pixel 3a costs $399, while the Pixel 3a XL sells for $479. The two models will be available unlocked.
Questions and Answers about Google Pixel 3a
How many Android software updates will the Pixel 3a get?
Google guarantees that Pixel phones will get Android version updates and security updates for at least 3 years from when the device first became available on the Google Store.
Google Pixel 3a News & Updates
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.