Mobicel Hype X 7 Quick Specs: Android 8 Oreo smartphone features a 6.2-inch display, Snapdragon 450 chipset, 16 MP selfie camera, 12 MP + 5 MP dual rear camera, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory, and a 3400 mAh battery.
Mobicel Hype X Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 1900 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands:
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM, Dual stand-by
- Software / OS: Android 8 Oreo.
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 75.3 x 8 mm
- Weight: 174 g
- Display: 6.2 inches, 1080 x 2160 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD, 2.5D curved glass screen with wide notch.
- Colours: Black. Fantasy Purple.
- Physical Build: Plastic.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 1.8 GHz Octa-core, Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 506.
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 12 MP + 5 MP dual camera, dual LED flash, 2160p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 16 megapixels, f2.0 Aperture, AI Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio:
- Digital Compass: No.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: No.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): No.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (rear-mounted).
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: Yes.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Senor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS.
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
- NFC: No.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 3400 mAh
- Battery Charging: 5V/1A Regular Charging
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Announced: March 2019
- Market Availability: March 2019
Mobicel Hype X Price and Availability
- Country Availability: South Africa
- Price: R3,999.
- The Hype X is available for purchase via the Mobicel website, as well as through retail stores across South Africa.
Mobicel Hype X Review Rating
We are yet to review the Mobicel Hype X and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
The specs and features of the Mobicel Hype X phone make it a compelling device at its price point. A sleek design, a 6.2-inch FullView display with a wide notch, dual camera at the back, 3 GB of RAM, 32 GB, and a 3400 mAh battery at R3,999 is a good deal that is difficult to pass in South Africa..
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Mobicel Hype X are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.