Librem 5 smartphone Quick Specs: PureOS smartphone. Announced July 2019. Features 5.71-inch display, Snapdragon 632 chipset, 8 MP selfie camera, 13 MP rear camera, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory, and a 3500 mAh battery.
Librem 5, the phone that the manufacturer says is focused on security by design and privacy protection by default. It is equipped with hardware kill switches and specially designed hardware, to enable the user stay in control of the flow of information.
Librem 5 smartphone Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- Software / OS: PureOS.
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 5.7″, 720×1440 pixels, IPS TFT screen.
- Colours: Black.
- Physical Build:
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 1.5GHz Quad-Core, Cortex-A53.
- Processor Name: NXP® i.MX 8M
- Graphics Processor: Vivante GC7000Lite
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: microSD storage expansion
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 13 MP camera, f2.2 Aperture, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 8 MP, f2.0 Aperture, 1080p@30fps video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio:
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor:
- Ambient Light Sensor:
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner:
- Face Unlock:
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control:
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: No.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, Teseo LIV3F GNSS.
- USB: USB 3.0 data, Charging (Dual-Role Port), Video out
- NFC: No.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Removable Lithium-Ion 3500 mAh
- Battery Charging: 5V/2A Fast Charging
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Announced: July 2019
- Market Availability: September 2019
Librem 5 smartphone Price and Availability
- Country Availability: Global.
- Price: $649 (pre-order pricing)
Frequently Asked Questions About Librem 5 smartphone
What operating system does Librem 5 run?
The Librem 5 phone runs an operating system called PureOS.
Is PureOS based on Android?
PureOS is a privacy-focused smartphone operating system that is not based on Google’s Android OS. It is based on Linux.
What kind of apps does the Librem 5 smartphone run?
Librem 5 runs Web apps – apps that are built 100% with HTML5 and CSS. Android apps will not work on the Librem 5 smartphone.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Librem 5 smartphone Review Rating
We are yet to review the Librem 5 smartphone and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Librem 5 smartphone are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Follow MobilityArena on social media!
Librem 5 smartphone (PureOS phone)
The Librem 5 smartphone focuses on security by design and privacy protection by default. It is built on PureOS, a fully free, ethical and open-source operating system that is not based on Android or iOS. The phone is equipped with hardware kill switches and specially designed hardware, so you are in control of the flow of information.