PinePhone Quick Specs: This is a Linux smartphone released in July 2020. It features a 5.99-inch display, Allwinner A64 chipset, 2 MP selfie camera, 5 MP dual rear camera, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory, and a 3000 mAh battery.
Phone Status: In Development. The PinePhone is a Linux smartphone that is capable of booting up into any one of four available Linux mobile operating systems. For user privacy and security, it also has six (6) hardware kill switches to disable/enable the following features at will: modem, Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, microphone, headphone, front camera, and rear camera. Here are the detailed PinePhone specs, release date and price.
PinePhone Specs and Features
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE B1(2100) / B2(1900) / B3(1800) / B4(1700/2100) / B5(850) / B7(2600) / B8(900) / B12(700) / B13(700) / B18(800) / B19 / B20(800) / B25(1900) / B26(850) / B28(700) / B38(2600) / B39(1900) / B40(2300) / B41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Micro SIM
- Software / Operating System: Mainline Linux Mobile. PinePhone will automatically boot to any ARM distro from microSD if a bootable card is inserted. Some Linux kernels are available for phones, including: postmarketOS, Ubuntu Touch, Sailfish OS, Maemo Leste, and LuneOS.
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 160.5 x 76.6 x 9.2 mm
- Weight: 180-200g
- Display: 5.99 inches, 1440 x 720 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD screen, hardened glass
- Colours: Black.
- Physical Build: Plastic, matte black finished plastic case.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 1.15 GHz Quad-core, Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Allwinner A64
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali 400 MP2
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 2TB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 5 MP camera, f2.2 Aperture, LED flash, 720p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 2 MP, f2.0 Aperture, Face Recognition, 720p@30fps video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speaker
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio:
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: No.
- Face Unlock: No.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: No.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
- NFC: No.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Lithium-Ion 3000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 15W Fast Charging + USB Power Delivery
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Number: N/A
PinePhone Price and Release Date
- Announced: February 2019
- Release Date: July 2020
- Country Availability: Global Online.
- Price: $149.99 for the 2GB RAM / 16GB ROM variant, and $199.99 for the 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM variant. Prices include shipping.
This Linux smartphone is available in the US and works on all major telecom wireless carriers/networks in the country.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
PinePhone Review Rating
We are yet to review the PinePhone and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about PinePhone are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
- eemc pinephone specs
- pine phone price in kenya
- linux phone