Redmi 7 Quick Specs: Android 9 Pie smartphone features a 6.26-inch display, Snapdragon 632 chipset, 8 MP selfie camera, 12 MP + 2 MP dual rear camera, up to 4 GB RAM, up to 64 GB internal memory, and a 4000 mAh battery.
This phone has three variants distinguished by RAM and storage as follows:
- 2 GB RAM + 16 GB memory.
- 3 GB RAM + 32 GB memory.
- 4 GB RAM + 64 GB memory.
Redmi 7 Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 9 Pie + MIUI 10
Design, Form Factor and Appearance
- Dimensions: 158.7 x 75.6 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 180 g
- Display: 6.2 inches, 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), Face Unlock, Accelerometer, Ambient Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Compass
- Colours: Black. Red. Blue.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit 1.8 GHz Octa-core Kryo 250
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 (SDM632)
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 506
- RAM: 2 GB / 3 GB / 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 16 GB / 32 GB / 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography and Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 12 MP + 2 MP dual camera, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 8 megapixels, AI Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
Audio and Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 5V/2A Fast Charging (Quick Charge 1.0).
- Announced: March 2019
- Market Availability: March 2019
Redmi 7 Price and Availability
- Country Availability: China and others.
- Price: $105 for the base model (2 GB RAM / 16 GB memory). The 3 GB RAM /32 GB memory, and 4 GB RAM / 64 GB memory variants cost $120 and $150 respectively.
In Nigeria, the three variants of the Redmi 7 phone cost ₦42,000, ₦47,500, and ₦53,500 respectively, and will be available through online retailers like Jumia and others, as well as in some brick-and-mortar stores.
Redmi 7 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Redmi 7 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This page will be updated with our review rating, as well as the link to the review page, as soon as we have reviewed one.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Whichever of the 3 variants of the Redmi 7 you choose to go with, you are getting value for money. The specs of each of them pack real value for the prices they are sold at.
In particular, if you are shopping for a mid-range smartphone with a big battery plus fast charging, all the variants of the Redmi 7 are answers to your prayers. While 10W charging isn’t the fastest battery charging charging standard, it is faster than regular charging.
While we cannot speak of its performance yet because we are yet to review it, the specs sheet is indeed very impressive. We predict that the Redmi 7 will prove to be a popular smartphone in the market.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Redmi 7 is 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.