Safaricom Neon Ray LTE Quick Specs: Android 8.1 (Go Edition) smartphone. Announced April 2019., it features a 5-inch display, Mediatek chipset/processor, 2MP selfie camera, 5MP rear camera, 1GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, and a 2000 mAh battery.
Phone Status: Official. Safaricom Neon Ray LTE is an entry-level Android smartphone with 4G LTE support. It runs the Go Edition version of Android 8.1.
Safaricom Neon Ray LTE Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Single SIM
- Software / OS: Android 8.1 Go Edition.
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: 170g
- Display: 5.0 inches, 854 × 480 pixels, 16:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD.
- Colours: Black.
- Physical Build: Plastic.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 1.3 GHz Quad-core, Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Mediatek
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal Storage: 8GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 32GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Dual Camera: 5 MP depth sensor, f2.2 Aperture, LED flash, 720p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 2 MP, f2.0 Aperture, 720p@30fps video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: No.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: No.
- Ambient Light Sensor: No.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): No.
- Fingerprint Scanner: No.
- Face Unlock: No.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: No.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS.
- USB: microUSB v2.0;
- NFC: No.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Removable Lithium-Ion 2000 mAh
- Battery Charging: Regular charging.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Number: N/A.
Safaricom Neon Ray LTE Price and Launch Date
- Announced: April 2019
- Release Date: April 2019
- Country Availability: Kenya.
- Price: Ksh. 3,899.
Is Safaricom Neon Ray LTE waterproof?
No; the Neon Ray LTE is not waterproof.
What is the price of Safaricom Neon Ray LTE?
Neon Ray LTE costs Ksh. 3,799 in Kenya.
Where can I buy Neon Ray LTE in Kenya?
You can buy the phone from Jumia Kenya or Kilimall.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Safaricom Neon Ray LTE Review Rating
We are yet to review the Safaricom Neon Ray LTE and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Safaricom Neon Ray LTE are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Follow MobilityArena on social media!