Samsung Galaxy S20 Quick Specs: Android 10 smartphone. Announced February 2020. Features a 6.2″ Dynamic AMOLED display, Snapdragon 865 or an Exynos 9830, 8GB RAM, 10 MP selfie camera, 64MP rear quad camera, 128 GB internal memory, and a 4000 mAh battery with 25W quick charge, .
Phone Status: Official. Samsung Galaxy S20 is the base model and also the smallest in Samsung’s 2020 flagship line-up. The others include Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus and Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Specs and Features
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 2(700) / 13(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 25(1900) / 26(850) / 28(700) / 32(1500) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500) / 66(1700/2100)
- 5G mobile network bands: 5G variant only.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 10 + One UI 2.0
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 163g
- Display: 6.2 inches, 1440×3200 pixels pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz, Dynamic AMOLED display, Corning’s Gorilla Glass
- Colours: Midnight Black. Vacation Blue. Hillier Purple.
- Physical Build: Glass front and back
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.8 GHz Octa-core, Kryo 585
- Processor Name: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) – USA / Exynos 990 (7 nm+) – Global
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 650 (USA) / Mali-G77 MP11 – Global
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB (UFS 3.0)
- External Storage: microSD, up to 1TB (shared slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Quad Camera: 12MP Samsung ISOCell S5KGW2 + 64MP Sony IMX 555 main + 12MP telephoto + 0.3MP ToF, LED flash, 8k@30fps, 4k @60fps video recording, HDR+
- Front-facing Camera: 10 MP, Face Recognition, Selfie Smart Angle, 2160p@30fps video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: No headphone jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; in-display.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Bixby, Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, hotspot, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v3.1. Type-C
- NFC: Yes; supporting payment systems.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 25W fast charging. USB Power Delivery 3.0.
- Wireless Charging: Yes; Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging.
- Reverse Charging: Yes.
- Model Number: SM-G980, SM-G980F, SM-G980F/DS.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Price and Launch Date
- Announced: February 11, 2020
- Release Date: March 2020
- Country Availability: United States of America, Canada, United Kingdom, Europe, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, India, China. Global.
- Price: $999.
Is Samsung s20 waterproof?
Yes; Samsung S20 is waterproof. It has IP68 waterproof and dust resistant rating.
Is the Samsung S20 5G?
Samsung S20 supports Sub-6 5G standard.
Does Samsung S20 come with earbuds?
No; it does not come with earbuds in the sales box. You have to buy them seperately.
Does the Galaxy S20 have a curved screen?
Yes; Samsung S20 has a 6.2-inch Dynamic AMOLED curved screen.
Does Samsung S20 have wireless charging?
Yes; the Galaxy S20 supports 15W Qi-based wireless charging, as well as Wireless Powershare, which allows it to function as a wireless charger for other compatible phones and devices.
What charger comes with S20?
The charger that comes in the box with the Galaxy S20 is the 25W USB-C Super Fast Charging Wall Charger.
Does the Samsung Galaxy S20 have a SD card slot?
Yes; Samsung S20 has a microSD card slot, with support for microSD cards up to 1TB in size. It is a hybrid slot though, meaning that you have to give up a SIM card to use a memory card.
What comes with Samsung Galaxy S20?
The Galaxy S20’s box contains the phone itself with pre-applied plastic screen protector, USB-C 25W Fast Wall Charger, USB-C to USB-C cable, as well as USB-C in-ear headphones tuned by AKG. The headphone comes with 3 different sizes of rubber ear tips.
What’s the difference between Samsung S20 and S20 Ultra?
The Galaxy S20 and S20 Ultra are similar in many respects. They have the same design, but the S20 has a 6.2-inch display, compared to the 6.9-inch screen of the S20 Ultra. The screen size is the most significant difference, but other differences include the 12GB RAM, periscope camera, 40MP selfie camera, and 5000mAH battery on the S20 Ultra. In all, the Galaxy S20 Ultra is the more capable of the two devices.
Will Samsung Galaxy S20 work in USA?
Samsung S20 is supported across various US carriers like AT&T, Verizon, Metro PCS, Sprint, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Boost Mobile, H2O Wireless, Ting, US Cellular, and Google Project Fi. You do need to make enquiries from your carrier to know what bands/frequencies are supported by them and determine the extent of compatibility.
How much is Samsung S20?
Samsung S20 sells for $999 in the United States and Canada from cellular carriers and independent stores. Between April 28th and 30th, 2020, it is available at a super bargain price of $300 from AT&T in the US.
Samsung Galaxy S20 price in Nigeria is ₦400,000 and it is available on e-commerce stores like Slot, Jumia, Konga, and others.
Is the Galaxy S20 worth it?
It depends. While it is a very solid flagship and the most affordable of the galaxy S20 series, you can get most of what it offers in more affordable smartphones from competitors like Huawei, Xiaomi, and OPPO. For example, you can get a better camera in the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro, which costs half the price of the S20. But if you must have a Samsung flagship and you prefer a more compact size, the S20 is the phone to buy. There are not a lot of phones in its class that offer the feature set that it does.
If buying it for 5G usage, note that early users have a string of complaints about the Galaxy S20’s 5G connectivity. You might want to run a Google search to see if those have been resolved.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Samsung Galaxy S20 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Samsung Galaxy S20 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Follow MobilityArena on social media!