Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Quick Specs: Android 10 smartphone. Announced February 2020. It features a 1.06-inch external display, and a bigger 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED foldable display when opened up, 10MP selfie camera, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ chipset. 12MP dual camera, 8GB RAM, 256 GB internal memory, and a 3300 mAh battery with 15W fast charging.
Phone Status: Official. Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is the Korean manufacturer’s second foldable device, the first being Samsung Galaxy Fold. The Galaxy Z Flip is a more compact device than its predecessor, has a clamshell form factor similar to the Motorola Razr foldable phone, and uses Samsung Ultra Thin Glass, which has a crease. It has also been refered to as the Samsung Galaxy Fold2.
A 5G variant was announced in July 2020 with mostly the same specs, but adding a 5G modem, a more powerful processor, and two new colours.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Specs and Features
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz; CDMA 800 / 1900 / TD-SCDMA
- 3G mobile network: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 MHz; CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G mobile network: LTE bands 1(2100 / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 12(700) / 13(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 25(1900) / 26(850) / 28(700) / 34(2000) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands: 5G variant only.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 10 + One UI 2.0
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: Folded: 87.4 x 73.6 x 15.4-17.3 mm; Unfolded: 167.9 x 73.6 x 6.9-7.2 mm
- Weight: 183g
- External Display: 1.06-inch, 300 x 116 pixels, Super AMOLED display with always-on support, Corning’s Gorilla Glass 6
- Main Display (when opened): 6.7 inches, 2636 x 1080 pixels, 22:9 aspect ratio, Infinity Flex, Dynamic AMOLED foldable screen
- Colours: Space Silver. Cosmos Black. Martian Green. Astro Blue.
- Physical Build: Aluminum and Gorilla Glass 6.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.8 GHz Octa-core, Kryo 480
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ (7nm)
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 640
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 256 GB UFS 3.0
- External Storage: None
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Dual Camera: 12 MP, f/1.8 aperture, main + 12 MP ultra-wide sensor, f/2.2 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 4k@60fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: Infinity-O 10MP dual-pixel AF, f/2.4 aperture, 4k@30fps video recording.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: No audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; side-mounted, capacitive.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO.
- USB: microUSB v3.1; Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; USB-OTG.
- NFC: Yes.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 3300 mAh
- Battery Charging: 15W quick charging
- Wireless Charging: Yes; 9W Qi wireless charging.
- Reverse Charging: Yes.
- Model Number: SM-F700F.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Price and Launch Date
- Announced: February 11, 2020
- Release Date: February 14, 2020
- Country Availability: USA. Canada. Nigeria. Europe. China. Asia.
- Price: $1,380 / €1,500 / ₦500,000
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G Specs and Features
- External Display: 1.06-inch, 300 x 112 pixels, Super AMOLED
- Foldable Display: 6.7-inch, 2636 x 1080 pixels, Dynamic AMOLED
- Selfie Camera: 10MP selfie camera, 4K@30 video
- Main Camera: 12 MP + 12 MP dual lens, 4K@30/60fps video
- Operating System: Android 10 + One UI 2.1
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ (7 nm+) chipset.
- GPU: Adreno 650
- 5G Bands: SA/NSA/Sub6
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage Memory: 256 GB UFS 3.1
- Battery Capacity: Lithium-Polymer 3300 mAh
- Battery Charging: 15W fast charging, Fast wireless charging.
- Models: SM-F707B, SM-F707N
- Colours: Mystic Bronze, Mystic Grey.
- Price: $1,450
- Announced: July 22, 2020
- Available: August 7, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G will be available through AT&T and T-Mobile in the United States of America, and T-Mobile in Germany.
Here are answers to some of the most Frequently Asked Questions About Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Folding Phone
How much is Samsung Galaxy Z flip in South Africa?
Samsung Z Flip launched in South Africa on 22 February 2020 with a R29,999 price tag.
How much is Samsung Z flip in the Philippines?
Samsung Z Flip sells in the Philippines for between P74,990 and P79,990.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Hands-on Review
We got our hands on a unit of the Galaxy Z Flip 4G variant briefly and got to handle it in person for a hands-on review. When closed up, it is a cute, compact device that fits into all sorts of pockets and pouches, as well as handbags. When opened up though, you have a large 6.7-inch touchscreen display to work with.
Most of the rest of the specs are respectable flagship fare – Snapdragon 855+ chipset, 8 GB RAM, and 256 GB storage memory. The rear camera has two 12-megapixel lenses. We are wary of the 3300 mAh battery though, considering the large 6.7-inch display. But there is 15W fast charging for quick top ups.
While the world has seen flip phones before now, the Galaxy Z Flip belongs to a new breed that have touchscreens that are foldable. The fold works fluidly and the display smoothens out nicely at the bend when opened up. Samsung assures that this bending will not affect the quality of the screen. It is new technology though, and we’d like to revisit that after a year of use.
And it is also because foldable displays are still new technology that Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is expensive. If you can afford to splurge $1380 on a phone though, there is some fun to be had living on the cutting edge.
Read our full Galaxy Z Flip hands-on review.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is a standard Android flagship. Is unique selling point is its foldable display that allows it take on a compact form when folded. It has a small battery by modern flagship standards though, but if you have $1380 to splurge on a smartphone, that can’t be a bother to you.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.