A common complaint among smartphone users is that of running out of internal storage and getting an error message that says, SD card apps not installed. This means you need to change storage location to memory card.
That is to make sure that you are able to install apps on memory card instead of your phone memory.
Two Ways to Change SD card apps Location
There are two approaches to changing storage location on your device, depending on your current situation. Here they are:
- You have a new phone and are yet to start installing any apps. In this case, you want to the apps to install to the memory card from the get go.
- You have already installed apps and need to move them from the internal storage to the memory card.
In the sections below, we address both scenarios and how to change storage location in your phone.
How to change storage location to memory card in a new phone
This applies to you if you have a new smartphone and want to install apps on memory card from the get go. This also sets your memory card as the phone’s default storage for everything. Follow the steps below for Android smartphones running Marshmallow and newer:
- Insert a memory card into your smartphone. The phone should prompt you to set it up.
- Select Use as Internal Storage and tap Next
- The phone will require you to format the card at this point. Note that this will erase all data stored on the card, so a backup is a good idea. Note also that the card will only work with that phone after formatting it.
Once the formatting is completed, all apps installations, file downloads and savings will be automatically done to the memory card. You should not have to face an SD card apps not installed error again.
Move Already Installed Apps To Memory Card
If you already have your apps installed in the phone’s internal memory, the first thing to do is to make sure that your memory card is inserted into the phone. Once you have done that, dive into your phone Settings and follow these steps:
- Tap Applications
- Select an app you want to move
- Tap Storage
- If the app can be moved, a Change button will be present
- Tap Change -> SD Card, then follow the prompts.
You have to manually repeat the above process for each app that you want to move from the phone storage to memory card.
Related Resources On Memory Issues
If you are experiencing other out of memory errors on your smartphone, especially if you own a smartphone with a version of Android older than Android 6 Marshmallow, please have a look at these other articles:
- How to fix ‘Application not Installed’ error on Android smartphones
- Delete bloatware and move apps to SD card on your Android smartphone
- How to update WhatsApp and other apps on low memory TECNO (and other) Android phones
- Fix: Cache not enough, please insert external SD card to download
Latest posts by Mister Mobility (see all)
- This brand offers the best value for money smartphone in Nigeria - February 15, 2019
- Samsung Galaxy S9 problems pop up after Android Pie update - February 14, 2019
- PiggyBank rebrands to PiggyVest but we are not having it - February 11, 2019
- how to conect my sd cardto itel p32
- how do i free space in my itel a32f phone
- how to install apps directly to sd card on android 8.0 itel p32
- how to change storage location in itel p32
- how to make sd card the primary storage on itel p32 device
- change default storage on itel
- why is my itel p32 not going to my memory card storage
- how to partition itel p32 memory
- how to select memory to use on my itel p32
- how to install apps in itel p32
- how to move apps to sd card on itel a32f
- can you instal apps on sd card on itel a32f
- how to partition itel p32 in memory card as internal storage
- how to increase ram in item p32
- how to move my app to sd card on my itel p32
- how to move storage to memory card on itel p32
- can i move apps into memory card in techno camon x
- how to move apps into memory card in techno camon x
- how to change storage setting in itel p32
- instaler setting general dans itel s12