Following in the steps of Opera, Facebook, Shazam, Skype, and others embracing Lite Apps, Twitter has launched its Twitter Lite app today. The new Twitter app is targeted at address the issues of slow/unreliable internet, expensive data tariffs, and lack of storage on mobile devices.
Key Features of Twitter Lite
Twitter Lite is a mobile web app that includes the following features:
- data saver mode for minimized data usage
- faster loading time for people on slower connections
- usable even when the mobile network is epileptic
- takes up less than 1MB on the smartphone
When you remember that almost half of all mobile internet connections are still on slower GPRS and EDGE connections, the need for this is immediately clear.
You can access the new Twitter Lite by visiting mobile.twitter.com on your smartphone or tablet.
If you are wondering why Lite Apps are getting more popular, these two articles, The battle for mobile will be won and lost at the low end and Lite Apps: Why more developers are seeing the light should help.
Latest posts by Mister Mobility (see all)
- Soda S2 review - February 18, 2019
- Does Samsung S9 Plus perform better with Android Pie? - February 17, 2019
- This brand offers the best value for money smartphone in Nigeria - February 15, 2019