It is odd that even though Xiaomi has launched the Mi 11 range of smartphones in January this year, it has only just now announced the Xiaomi Mi 10S, a premium flagship sports a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, a 108-megapixel quad camera, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 chipset.
It is a remarkable device. From the sleek lines to the powerful internals, this is a smartphone that begs to be purchased and used. Why Xiaomi is announcing this Mi 10 model after Mi 11 models are available is a subject for another discussion.
For now, here is a table of key features of the Xiaomi Mi 10S.
Xiaomi Mi 10S Specs
- 6.67-inch punch hole, AMOLED curved display with 90Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, Gorilla Glass 5.
- 20MP front camera
- 108MP main lens + 8MP ultrawide lens + 2MP macro lens + 2MP depth sensor, with OIS.
- MIUI 12, based on Android 11
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 (5nm)
- 8GB and 12 GB LPDDR5 RAM options
- 128GB and 256GB UFS3.0 storage options.
- Dual speakers
- Infra-red blaster for remote control
- 4780 mAh battery
- 33W fast charging
- 30W wireless and
- 10W reverse wireless charging.
The Mi 10S comes in beautiful and elegant black, blue and white colour options. It really is abeautiful smartphone.
And to sweeten the deal, its price starts from CNY 3,299 for the 8/128GB base model. The 12/256GB variant carries a price tag of CNY 3,799. That is about $500 and $580 respectively.
Those are attractive prices and a couple hundred of dollars cheaper than the Xiaomi Mi 11 models are going for. And sales kick off on March 12, 2021. But all of those won’t mean jack.
You will be unable to get your hands on the Xiaomi Mi 10S (at least for now), because it has been launched only in China. Even if you were to go out of your way to order one online via AliExpress, Gearbest, or any of the other Chinese retail stores, you’d be getting a phone without Google Mobile Services and apps. That is right: there’d be no Play Store, Gmail, YouTube, etc on it.
Hopefully though, Xiaomi will announce international availability at some point and then everyone who wants one can scramble for it. The Mi 11 went global afterall. What’s stopping the Mi 10S?
- Don’t miss our mobile phone reviews.
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
MobilityArena may earn some commission when you purchase through the links below.
- Create any type of website in minutes, even if you have no coding skills? Build your website now.
- Own a unique smartphone that meets your specific needs. Buy now.
Way back from the days of EPOC, Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems, founder of MobilityArena, Mister Mobility, has owned a few hundred smartphones and tablets, and counting.