|Carbon 1 Mark II|
Carbon 1 Mark II is a unique creature in the world of smartphones. It is the world’s first mobile made from carbon fiber. As a result, it is super thin and light. In order to achieve its thinness, only a 0.4mm layer of Gorilla Glass protects the display, which is worrying, because the thinner the layer, the less protection it offers the screen. Still, the Carbon 1 Mark II is still a breakthrough in smartphone design.
Carbon 1 Mark II Full Specs and Features
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE, VoLTE, VoWi-fi, ViLTE 1(2100) / 2() / 3(1800) / 4() / 5(850) / 7() / 8(900) / 20(800) / 28(700) / 38(2600).
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- Software / OS: Android 10
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 74 x 6.3 mm
- Weight: 125g
- Display: 6 inches, 2160 x 1080 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, AMOLED display, Gorilla Glass 6.
- Colours: Original Carbon Fiber Matte Black.
- Physical Build: Hybrid Carbon Fiber Composite, Monocoque Design.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.2GHz Octa-core, Cortex-A73
- Processor Name: Mediatek Helio P90 (10nm)
- Graphics Processor: IMG PowerVR GM 9446
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB – UFC 2.1
- External Storage: N/A
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 16MP dual, f/2.0, LED flash, OIS, EIS, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 20MP, f/2.2, Face Recognition, EIS, 1080p video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Loudspeaker: Dual speakers
- Video Support: H.265/HEVC/H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: N/A.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; side-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP, LE / aptX, aptX HD
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo
- USB: microUSB v2.0.
- NFC: No.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 3050 mAh
- Battery Charging: Standard charging
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Number: N/A
Carbon 1 Mark II Price and Launch Date
- Announced: February 2020
- Release Date: From June 2020
- Country Availability: Germany. Europe.
- Price: €800 (~US$883) .
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
The Carbon 1 Mark II is a unique smartphone. It is the first of its kind and represents a revolution in design. Which is no surprise, too, that it is an expensive device. If you have the taste for exquisitely designed items, and the funds to match your taste, have a look at the worl’s first carbon fiber smartphone. It is available from Carbon Mobile’s website.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Carbon 1 Mark II Review Rating
We are yet to review the Carbon 1 Mark II and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Carbon 1 Mark II are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Follow MobilityArena on social media!