Infinix Hot 6X Android smartphone, announced October 2018, features a 6.2 inches display with a notch, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 chipset, 2GB/3GB RAM options, 16GB/32GB internal memory options, rear dual camera, 4000mAh battery.
The Hot6X is a mid-range Android phone running Android 8.1 Oreo in a beautiful polycarbonate plastic shell. It comes in two variants. One has 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage, while the other has 3GB RAM and 32GB storage. Everything else is the same for both versions.
The Infinix Hot 6X’s large 6.2-inch display has a prominent notch that houses the AI-assisted selfie camera and other sensors. Infinix Mobility says the selfie camera is tweaked for low-light photography.
The combination of the Snapdragon 425 processor and a big 4,000mAh battery should produce great battery life for all but the most demanding users. Fast battery charging would have been a welcome addition to thee Hot 6X. Unfortunately, that is not available on the phone.
It is also 4G LTE enabled, so you can use it with the fastest mobile networks available. Apprehensive Glo 4G users in Nigeria may be happy to see the rare 700 MHz LTE band listed under the phone’s specs, but there are conflicting user reports about actual support. We will be sure to confirm Glo 4G support as soon as we get our hands on a unit.
In all, this looks like a good option for consumers looking for an all-round budget mid-range smartphone. The package comes down to around $130 and $160 for the corresponding variants.
Find all the specifications, features and price details below.
Infinix Hot 6X Specifications
- 2G: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G: 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G LTE – 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 10(1700/2100) / 20(800) / 28(700) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM: Dual SIM, Nano SIM
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo + XOS 3.3.3 Hummingbird
- Display: 6.2-inch, 720 x 1500 pixels, IPS LCD, 2.5D, FullView Display
- Colours: Midnight Black. Champagne Gold. Kent Blue. Bordeaux Red.
- Sensors: Fingerprint scanner, FaceUnlock, Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass
- Dimensions: 156.2 x 75.6 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 168g
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 425 1.4GHz Quad-core Cortex-A53
- Graphics Processing Unit (GPU): Adreno 308
- RAM: 2GB / 3GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB / 32GB
- External Memory: Micro-SD card up to 128GB (dedicated slot)
- Rear Camera: Dual 13 megapixels + 2 megapixels depth sensor, dual-LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Selfie Camera: 8 megapixels, AI assist, LED flash, 720p@30fps video recording
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000mAh
- Battery Charging: Regular charging
- Announced: October 2018
- Available: October 2018
Infinix Hot 6X Price and Availability
The Infinix Hot 6x’s price in Kenya is Ks. 16,699, and it is available in other countries, including Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, the Hot6X 2GB costs ₦45,000, while the 3GB variant sells for about ₦52,000. It can be found at both brick-and-mortar stores as well as on online retail sites like Slot, Parktel, Jumia Nigeria, and Konga, among others.
In Ghana, the 2GB variant was introduced into the market for about ₵700 and can be found on sites like CompuGhana, Jumia Ghana, and others, as well as at physical stores. As with most devices, the prices are expected to drop over time.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.