Palm 2018: Android smartphone. Announced October 2018. Features 3.3-inch IPS LCD display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 435, 800 mAh battery, 32 GB storage, 3 GB RAM.
The Palm brand is back in mobile after a number of years on holiday. And their first “smartphone” is an odd one – a diminutive device with a 3.3-inch screen, a very small battery (that 800mAh capacity that was leaked earlier is for real) and an interesting user interface.
While it looks like a phone, it isn’t. It has got LTE connectivity but you cannot make traditional telephone calls on it. You use it by pairing it with your smartphone so it works like an extension – like a smartwatch. Any calls/messages that come to your phone can be managed on the Palm device, so you can leave your phone in a bag.
Odd stuff. A tiny device that looks like a smartphone but isn’t quite. In terms of software, it runs Android 8.1 Oreo, not Pie. Check out the Palm 2018 specs below.
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: No
- 3G: No
- 4G: LTE
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo + Custom UI
Design, Form Factor and Appearance
- Display: 3.3 inches, 720 x 1080 pixels, LCD display with Gorilla Glass 3
- Sensors: Ambient light, Accelerometer, Proximity, E-Compass, G-Sensor, Gyro
- Build: Glass + Aluminium; IP68 water and dust resistance
- Colours: Black. Blue. Rose Gold. Red.
- Processor Type:
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 435
- Graphics Processor:
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: None
Photography and Video
- Rear Camera: 12 megapixels, LED flash
- Front-facing Camera: 8 megapixels
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: front-facing Mono speaker
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v2.0
- Charging: Regular
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 800mAh
- Announced: October 2018
- Availability: November 2018
Palm 2018 Price
The Palm 2018 is a Verizon exclusive and costs $350. You can buy it outright or pay $14.58 per month per month for two years. This new Palm device will go on sale in November.
Palm 2018 Photos
Official photos of the device are not out yet, but here is a photo from Digital Trends, showing what the Palm 2018’s user interface. Interesting; right?
You can see more photos of the Palm 2018 on Digital Trends.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Hey! Follow MobilityArena on social media!