Redmi Note 7: Android smartphone. MIUI 10. Announced January 2019. Features 6.3-inch IPS LCD display, Snapdragon 660 chipset with 48 MP camera, 4000 mAh battery with Qualcomm QuickCharge 4.
This is the first phone under the newly announced Redmi sub-brand by Xiaomi. That means it carries the new Redmi logo.
We wish we could yell, “Death to the notch!” But not quite on this model. The 6.3-inch display has a waterdrop notch, a carryover from 2018. It does offer Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
It looks like 2019 is going to go down as the year of the 48 MP camera. The Redmi Note 7 has one combined with a secondary 5 MP shooter. For selfies, there is a 13 megapixels lens at the front of the phone.
There are three variants of the Note 7, with RAM and internal storage configurations being the distinguishing factors. The base configuration matches 3GB RAM with 32 GB storage, the second 4GB RAM with 64 GB, while the third one combines 6GB RAM with 64 GB storage.
Powering the phone is Qualcomm’s mid-range champion, Snapdragon 660, and Adreno 512 graphics processing unit. This chipset is powerful enough to deliver flagship performance in a mid-range device like this one.
In terms of software, you have the latest and the greatest from Alphabet here, Android 9 Pie with Xiaomi’s custom MIUI 10 layer over it.
Redmi Note 7 Specifications and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE bands 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 34(2000) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- OS: Android 9 Pie + MIUI 10
Design, Form Factor and Appearance
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 75.2 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 186g
- Display: 6.3-inch, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD display, Gorilla Glass 5
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro, Compass
- Colours: Blue, Twilight Gold, Black.
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.2 GHz Kryo 260
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 512
- RAM: 3 GB / 4 GB / 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB / 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (hybrid slot)
Photography and Video
- Rear Camera: Dual Cam – 48 megapixels, auto-focus, + 5 megapixels depth sensor, AI assist, Portrait, Dual LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 13 megapixels, AI Portrait 2.0, 1080p@30fps video capture
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Charging: QuickCharge 4.0 Fast battery charging
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4000mAh
- Announced: January 10, 2019
- Availability: January 15, 2019
Redmi Note 7 Price and Availability
The Redmi Note 7 is great value for money and we expect that this model will sell well in the market. The price starts from CNY999 for the 3GB RAM + 32 GB variant. The 4GB RAM + 64GB variant sells for CNY1,199, while the 6GB RAM + 64GB variant goes for CNY1,399.
Initial availability is China, but you can expect it to travel to other countries. Even where not officially available in your country, you can always order one from online stores like AliExpress and the like.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.