Redmi Note 7 quick specs: Android 9.0 Pie smartphone. MIUI 10. Announced January 2019. Features 6.3-inch IPS LCD display, Snapdragon 660 chipset, up to 4 GB RAM, up to 128 GB ROM, 48 MP dual camera, and 4000 mAh battery with Qualcomm QuickCharge 4.
This is the first phone under the newly announced Redmi sub-brand by Xiaomi. That means it carries the new Redmi logo.
We wish we could yell, “Death to the notch!” But not quite on this model. The 6.3-inch display has a waterdrop notch, a carryover from 2018. It does offer Gorilla Glass 5 protection on both front and back panels.
It looks like 2019 is going to go down as the year of the 48 MP camera. The Redmi Note 7 has one combined with a secondary 5 MP shooter. For selfies, there is a 13 megapixels lens at the front of the phone.
There are three variants of the Note 7, with RAM and internal storage configurations being the distinguishing factors. The base configuration matches 3GB RAM with 32 GB storage, the second 4GB RAM with 64 GB, while the third one combines 6GB RAM with 64 GB storage.
Powering the phone is Qualcomm’s mid-range champion, Snapdragon 660, and Adreno 512 graphics processing unit. This chipset is powerful enough to deliver flagship performance in a mid-range device like this one.
In terms of software, you have the latest and the greatest from Alphabet here, Android 9 Pie with Xiaomi’s custom MIUI 10 layer over it.
Redmi Note 7 Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE bands 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 20(800) / 28(700) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) – Global variant.
LTE bands 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 34(2000) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500) – Indian variant
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 9 Pie + MIUI 10
Design, Form Factor and Appearance
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 75.2 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 186g
- Display: 6.3-inch, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD display, Gorilla Glass 5
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), Ambient light, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro, Compass
- Colours: Neptune Blue, Nebula Red, Space Black.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.2 GHz Kryo 260
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 512
- RAM: 3 GB / 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB / 64 GB / 128 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (hybrid slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 48 MP + 5 MP dual camera, auto-focus, + 5 megapixels depth sensor, AI assist, Portrait, Dual LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording. In India, the dual camera setup is 12 MP + 2 MP.
- Front-facing Camera: 13 megapixels, AI Portrait 2.0, 1080p@30fps video capture
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack.
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Charging: QuickCharge 4.0 Fast battery charging
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4000mAh
- Announced: January 10, 2019
- Availability: January 15, 2019
Redmi Note 7 Price and Availability
The Redmi Note 7 is great value for money and we expect that this model will sell well in the market. In China, the price starts from CNY999 for the 3GB RAM + 32 GB variant. The 4GB RAM + 64GB variant sells for CNY1,199, while the 4GB RAM + 128GB variant goes for CNY1,399.
In the Nigeria, the price of the Redmi Note 7 is as follows:
- 3 GB / 32 GB: ₦58,000 ($163).
- 4 GB / 64 GB: ₦66,900 ($188).
- 4 GB / 128 GB: ₦75,500 ($212).
Initial availability is China, but you can expect it to travel to other countries. Even where not officially available in your country, you can always order one from online stores like AliExpress and the like.
Redmi Note 7 is available in kenya at the price of KeS 18,000.
Redmi Note 7 News and Updates
MobilityArena Review: Veteran mobile reviewer, Mister Mobility, reviewed the Redmi Note 7 and concludes with this: “The Redmi Note 7 is a well-rounded smartphone that stands out in a number of ways, including durability, battery life, and camera. Of this phone, we say that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. This is a remarkable smartphone for anyone hunting for a mid-range phone.” Source.
He also declared that it is the most fun smartphone he has reviewed.
Redmi Note 7 sold 15 million units in 6 months: Xiaomi announced that its Redmi Note 7 series – comprising the different variants of the redmi Note 7, as well as the Redmi Note 7 Pro – has sold 15 million units in 6 months since its launch.
EISA Award: The the European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) awarded Redmi Note 7 the BEST BUY SMARTPHONE 2019-2020. The citation reads:
With build quality worthy of a flagship model, a superb 48-megapixel rear camera supported by a 5-megapixel depth sensor for bokeh effects, plus Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 660 chipset allied to 4GB RAM and 64GB built-in storage, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is the best value smartphone money can buy. Its 4000mAh battery has support for ‘lightning fast’ Quick Charge 4 technology, both front and rear of the phone are protected with Gorilla Glass 5, while its user interface is satisfyingly responsive. The phone is not short on connectivity options either, having USB-C and 3.5mm audio connectors, an IR transmitter plus an FM radio receiver. In short, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 redefines the standard of a ‘budget device’.
Redmi Note 7 successor: The Note 7’s successor, Redmi Note 8, is rumoured to be launching with a 64MP camera.
7 months after its launch, Xiaomi announces that the Redmi Note 7 series have sold and exceeded 20 million units.
More Redmi Note 7 content!
- Unboxing and first impressions
- 48 MP Mi dual camera: Stunning photos from Redmi Note 7
- Redmi Note 7 review
- Redmi Note 7 is the most fun smartphone I have ever reviewed.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Redmi Note 7 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Follow MobilityArena on social media!
Redmi Note 7 (Android 9 Pie smartphone)
Redmi Note 7 Android phone, announced Jan 2019, features 6.3-inch display, SD660, 48MP dual camera, 4000 mAh battery, QuickCharge. See the full specs and price.