|Samsung Galaxy S21 Quick Specs|
Samsung Galaxy S21 Specs and Features
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 2(700) / 13(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 25(1900) / 26(850) / 28(700) / 32(1500) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500) / 66(1700/2100)
- 5G mobile network bands: 5G variant only.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 11 + One UI
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 163g
- Display: 6.2 inches, 1440×3200 pixels pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz, Dynamic AMOLED display, Corning’s Gorilla Glass
- Colours: Midnight Black. Vacation Blue. Hillier Purple.
- Physical Build: Glass front and back
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.8 GHz Octa-core, Kryo 586
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 875 (7 nm+) – USA / Exynos 1000 (7 nm+) – Global
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 670 (USA) / Mali-G77 MP11 – Global
- RAM: 12 GB
- Internal Storage: 256 GB (UFS 3.0)
- External Storage: microSD, up to 1TB (shared slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Quad Camera: 12MP Samsung ISOCell S5KGW2 + 64MP Sony IMX 555 main + 12MP telephoto + 0.3MP ToF, LED flash, 8k@30fps, 4k @60fps video recording, HDR+
- Front-facing Camera: 10 MP, Face Recognition, Selfie Smart Angle, 2160p@30fps video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: No headphone jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; in-display.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Bixby, Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, hotspot, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v3.1. Type-C
- NFC: Yes; supporting payment systems.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4200 mAh
- Battery Charging: 25W fast charging. USB Power Delivery 3.0.
- Wireless Charging: Yes; Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging.
- Reverse Charging: Yes.
- Model Number: SM-G980, SM-G980F, SM-G980F/DS.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Price and Launch Date
- Announced: 2021
- Release Date: 2021
- Country Availability: United States of America, Canada, United Kingdom, Europe, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, India, China. Global.
- Price: $999.
Is Samsung s21 waterproof?
Yes; Samsung S21 is waterproof. It has IP68 waterproof and dust resistant rating.
Is the Samsung S21 5G?
Samsung S21 supports Sub-6 5G standard.
Does Samsung S21 come with earbuds?
No; it does not come with earbuds in the sales box. You have to buy them seperately.
Does the Galaxy S21 have a curved screen?
Yes; Samsung S21 has a 6.2-inch Dynamic AMOLED curved screen.
Does Samsung S21 have wireless charging?
Yes; the Galaxy S21 supports 18W Qi-based wireless charging, as well as Wireless Powershare, which allows it to function as a wireless charger for other compatible phones and devices.
What charger comes with S21?
The charger that comes in the box with the Galaxy S21 is a USB-C Super Fast Charging Wall Charger.
Does the Samsung Galaxy S21 have an SD card slot?
Yes; Samsung S21 has a microSD card slot, with support for microSD cards up to 1TB in size. It is a hybrid slot though, meaning that you have to give up a SIM card to use a memory card.
What comes with Samsung Galaxy S21?
The Galaxy S21’s box contains the phone itself with pre-applied plastic screen protector, USB-C Fast Wall Charger, USB-C to USB-C cable, as well as USB-C in-ear headphones.
Will Samsung Galaxy S21 work in USA?
Samsung S21 is supported across various US carriers like AT&T, Verizon, Metro PCS, Sprint, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Boost Mobile, H2O Wireless, Ting, US Cellular, and Google Project Fi. You do need to make enquiries from your carrier to know what bands/frequencies are supported by them and determine the extent of compatibility.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Samsung Galaxy S21 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
|Samsung Galaxy S21+ Core Specs|
|Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Core Specs|
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.