The Xperia family of smartphones from Sony Ericsson are scheduled to start receiving the long-awaited Android 2.1 (Eclair) updates this weekend, precisely from Sunday evening.
The updates will be rolled out on a regional basis for the X10, X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro. All these phones were initially shipped with Android 1.6 (Cupcake) from the factory.
- HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
- Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
- New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
- 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
- Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online
Xperia X10 mini and X10 mini pro:
- Improved Bluetooth functionality with support for sending and receiving pictures, contacts and more
- New backup and restore application with extended content back up
- Automatic synchronization of your contact pictures between Facebook and your phone book
- Improved ways of handling pictures, audio, text and numbers in your messages
- Upgrade of the Android platform to Android platform 2.1
Your phone will automatically let you know with a notification when the update is ready for your specific software version and then you will be guided to how to perform the update using the PC Companion software.
Sony Ericsson recommends that you backup your personal data before carrying out this update.
Source: Sony Ericsson Product Blog
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.