At long long last, BlackBerry Priv users can finally have a taste of Android Marshmallow. The update was initially available in beta for testers to use and provide feedback. But it is finally ready for everyone. Priv units purchased directly from BlackBerry should start receiving the updates now, while those that purchased from carriers will start getting theirs starting May 3.
Here are some of the new features this new update brings to the BlackBerry Priv:
- Customized Personal Data Permissions – For managing apps demands to access your personal data. DTEK will let you turn permissions off at any time and still continue to use the app.
- Clearer Notification Settings
- Over 200 new and updated emojis
- New Keyboard Gestures – Ability to drag your finger across the keys to enter words on the virtual and/or physical keyboard.
- Enhanced Word Prediction – The keyboard anticipates your next word based on where you place your fingers on keys. Also, predictive typing learns words with numbers and delivers better name suggestions based on your contacts.
- Better Cursor Control – Activate “Cursor Control” mode on the physical keyboard for easier positioning and control.
There are also improvements with BlackBerry Hub and BlackBerry launcher. Battery life is also improved with Doze functionality. Camera is not left out too, as users can now record videos at 24fps, one can also capture slow motion videos at 120fps.
Below is a video demonstration of all the new features.