Black Shark Helo Android gaming phone features a 6-inch AMOLED display, Snapdragon 845 processor, 10GB RAM, 256GB internal memory, two liquid cooling pipes.
Xiaomi has taken the wraps of its second gaming phone, the Black Shark Helo, and it turns out it is the first smartphone equipped with 10GB of RAM. Sorry, Xiaomi Mi Mix 3. Sorry, Vivo XPlay7. BlackShark Helo beat you to it.
Black Shark Gaming Phone Overview
The Shark Helo is a phone designed for gaming and as such has two liquid cooling pipes built in to keep CPU temperatures down.
And what is gaming without proper stereo sound? Which is why the Shark Helo has front-facing stereo speakers, so you can get into the flow of things. And to start gaming, just push the dedicated hardware button and the phone switches into gaming mode.
While there is no 3.5mm audio jack, you can use a USB Type-C to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter to fill the gap.
But gaming isn’t all that the Helo is good for. There is a dual camera setup on the back of the device, and there’s artificial intelligence to enhance your photography. In all ways, this is a proper flagship device in terms of specs.
There are three variants of the Black Shark gaming phone, as follows:
- 6 GB RAM + 128 GB internal storage;
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB internal storage;
- 10 GB RAM + 256 GB internal storage.
if you want the real deal, the 10 GB RAM variant is your baby. We are sure that 10GB of RAM is not of any real use at all right now, but at least it means that the Black Shark helo is future-proof and will be able to take advantage of it in the future.
On the software end, it runs Android 8 Oreo with MIUI 10 on top. There is software to enhance your gaming too: a bundled Gamer Studio app lets you mess around with settings like CPU, display, and others to create specific profiles for each game you play. That sounds like cool stuff.
Scroll down to go through the Black Shark Helo’s full specifications, features, availability and price.
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz; CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz; CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G: LTE bands 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 20(800) / 34(2000) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo + MIUI 10
Design, Form Factor and Appearance
- Dimensions: 160 x 75.2 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 190g
- Display: 6.01-inch, 1080 x 2160 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, AMOLED display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass
- Colours: Black. Blue. Rose Gold. Red.
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.8 GHz Kryo 385
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6 GB / 8 GB / 10 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB / 256 GB
- External Storage: No
Photography and Video
- Rear Camera: Dual – 12 megapixels, f/1.75, auto-focus, + 20 megapixels, AI, Dual LED flash, 2160p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 20 megapixels, f/2.2, AI, 1080p@30fps video capture
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Front-facing Stereo Speakers
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB Type-C
- Charging: Fast Charging (Quick Charge 3.0 )
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4000mAh
- Announced: October 2018
- Availability: November 2018
Black Shark Helo Price
The 6GB RAM variant of the Shark Helo costs ¥3199, while the 8GB RAM variant sells for ¥3499. The 10GB RAM version costs ¥4199.
Initial availability of all three variants is restricted to China, but it is expected that the phone will be made available in other countries.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.