Huawei Mate 20 Pro Android smartphone. Announced October 2018. Features 6.39-inch curved AMOLED display, HiSilicon Kirin 980, 4200 mAh battery, 128GB storage, 6GB RAM.
The Mate 20 Pro‘s display has a rectangular notch that houses the front camera and face recognition sensors. And at the back is a triple camera setup similar to what is on the Huawei P20 Pro.
In addition, there is an in-display fingerprint sensor that uses Dynamic Pressure Sensing. And we are seeing a Nano Memory (NM) card on a smartphone for the very first time. It is said to be 45 percent smaller than the micro SD card. Hopefully, Huawei includes a nano memory card in the sales pack, as it is not commonplace yet.
Lest we forget, there is no 3.5mm audio jack. Huawei too has bid that feature goodbye in this flagship.
Software-wise, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro runs the latest version of Android – 9.0 Pie, with a layer of Huawei’s custom user interface on it.
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700 (AWS) / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE bands 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 6(900) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 9(1800) / 12(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 26(850) / 28(700) / 32(1500) / 34(2000) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Single and Dual SIM options
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie + EMUI 9.0
Design, Form Factor and Appearance
- Dimensions: 157.8 x 72.3 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 189g
- Display: 6.3-inch, 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, curved OLED display
- Sensors: In-display Fingerprint, 3D face scanner, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass
- Build: IP68 water and dust resistance
- Colours: Emerald Green. Midnight Blue. Pink Gold. Twilight. Black.
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.6 GHz Cortex-A76
- Processor Name: HiSilicon Kirin 980
- Graphics Processor: Mali-G76 MP10
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: nano memory card, up to 256 GB (hybrid slot)
Photography and Video
- Rear Camera: Triple – 40 megapixels auto-focus, Quad Bayer sensor, f/1.8 wide-angle lens, + 20 megapixels, f/2.2 ultra-wide lens + 8 megapixels 3x zoom telephoto lens, LED flash, 2160p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 24 megapixels, f/2.0, AI Portrait 2.0, 1080p@30fps video capture
- Music Support: DivX/XviD/MP4/H.265/WMV player
- Audio: No 3.5mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Stereo speakers
- Video Support: MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/FLAC player
- FM Radio: No
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Charging: 40W SuperCharge (70% in 30 minutes) Fast Battery Charging; 15W Wireless Quick Charge (30% in 30 minutes); Reverse wireless charging
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4200mAh
- Announced: October 2018
- Availability: October 16, 2018
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Price
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro is available from October 16 and costs 1049 Euros. That should amount to about Rs 89,099 in India. It isn’t clear how much it will sell in Nigeria, but a quick conversion gives us a price of NGN450,000.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Hey! Follow MobilityArena on social media!
- huawei mate 20