It appears that the much awaited update to Apple’s famous iOS Software for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch appears almost set for launch as the last beta version (iOS 5 beta 8 ) is set to drop this Friday, 16th September (for developers only).
I have tried my hands on iOS 5 beta 7 which turned out to be quite buggy. Apple, as always, will definitely iron out all the glitches before its final release which is anticipated to be sometime in the next 3 weeks together with the rumoured iPhone 5 launch. I don’t know about you guys but Apple ‘fans’ around the world are already getting excited. (I know I can’t wait to get my hands-on review of the iPhone 5 here).
Among the over 200 new features that iOS 5 sports, my personal favourites are listed below:
1. Facetime over 3G
2. Nuance’s text-to-speech feature
3. New Notification Centre : The revamped notification style in iOS is a beauty to watch and a breeze to use.
4. Reminders App: This app comes with the ability to remind you to do something when you leave a certain location, or when you arrive at a destination.
5. iMessage App: Finally!!! My answer to all my friends asking for my BB pin. iMessage is Apple’s BBM style social messaging app. It’s exclusive to all iOS devices.
6. Twitter integration: With this new feature, you only have to login once for all your tweeting needs. You can tweet from almost anywhere in the iOS.
7. iReader in Safari: This feature, according to Apple, is just ‘phenomenal’. It gets rid of all the clutter in safari while reading webpages and sets the font size just right.
Let me know your thoughts.
What is your most anticipated feature in iOS 5?