One of the worst things that can happen to a smartphone is a malfunctioning touchscreen. It gets even worse if your smartphone is an iPhone 7. Apple has made it their business to produce some of the best-quality smartphone screens. However, sometimes things just happen. Your malfunctioning iPhone 7 touchscreen could be experiencing software or hardware issues. That’s when your screen becomes unresponsive or just freezes up.
If your iPhone 7 screen acts up, here are some things you can do about it:
- Uninstall some apps: There are some apps that use actions on your touch screen. these apps could be slowing down your phone. In this case, check if the screen misbehaves only when using these apps. If it does, uninstall these apps.
- You could try a soft reset of your phone if the screen becomes totally unresponsive. Just press down on the power button and the volume button at the same time. Then check if the screen is working again.
- If that does not work, try to hard reset your iPhone to its original settings. Connect it to your computer and reset through iTunes. Note that this means your files will be wiped off the phone. So, the first thing to do it to backup your iPhone using iCloud or iTunes. Then connect to the PC and open iTunes. After that, put the device in DFU mode. Click Restore to begin the restore procedure. After that, activate your device and set up the device as a new iPhone. You will need to restore your backup files.
- If the above methods still don’t work, it might be a hardware problem. In this case, your malfunctioning iPhone 7 touchscreen might be due to a hardware issue. Take it to an official service centre for repairs.
Latest posts by EmmyCN (see all)
- Find your iPhone with Apple Watch’s Ping iPhone feature - February 10, 2018
- How to fix iPhone Bluetooth issues - February 6, 2018
- Here are some things to try out on Twitter for Android - December 7, 2017