Chinese company Xiaomi has made a name for themselves with their powerful smartphones. Recently, the company announced yet another monster of a smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi Max 2. This is the sequel to the Mi Max, which was released last year. Once again, the tech giants have taken the definition of the word phone” to a new level, as the device packs quite the punch in terms of battery and screen size.
The Xiaomi Mi Max 2’s standout characteristics are the battery and the screen. The device packs a powerful 5300mAH battery, reportedly able to last for two days. This should provide up to 18 hours of video playback, 21 hours of GPS navigation, or 57 hours of talk time. The smartphone can also charge other phones connected to its USC Type-C port. Well, this is not unbelievable, considering the battery power of some other Xiaomi products.
With a 6.44-inch screen, the Mi Max 2 would be awesome for people who love watching movies. Also, the stereo speakers on the device intelligently activate in landscape mode. This is supposed to transform the device into a mobile theater with an immersive audio experience.
Here are the key features of the Mi Max 2:
- 6.44” large immersive full-HD display
- 5300 mAH two-day battery, Quick Charge 3.0
- 12MP Sony IMX386 1.25-micron large-pixel camera
- 5MP front camera, 85° wide-angle lens with Beautify
- Full metal unibody
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 with 14nm FinFET technology (Octa-core 2.0GHz)
- 4GB RAM + 64GB or 128GB storage
- Up to 128GB microSD expandable storage
- Stereo speakers, intelligently switches to stereo in landscape orientation
- Rear fingerprint sensor
- IR blaster
- Dimensions: 174.1 x 88.7 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 211g
- Available in gold
- MIUI 8 based on Android N
This looks like a fantastic smartphone. However, people outside China would have to wait for the worldwide release date, as the company will release the device in China only on June 1.