If you thought that the Galaxy S9 was all that, you will drool over its bigger sibling, Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. Just think of the Galaxy S9+ as the Galaxy S9 on steroids.
Samsung Galaxy S9+ has a bigger screen, bigger RAM, and bigger battery. Let’s give you the specifics: the screen is 6.2 inches, FullView and 18:9 aspect ratio. Instead of 4 GB RAM, what is here is 6 GB. And the battery capacity has been bumped up from the S9’s 3000 mAh to 3500 mh. That bigger screen will need the bigger battery for sure.
With an aluminium frame and Gorilla Glass front and back covers, the Galaxy S9+ is also IP68 water and dust resistant. This phablet has an Iris scanner and fingerprint scanner as part of its features.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Specs and Price
Lovers of technical details will enjoy the full Samsung Galaxy S9+ specs and features listed below.
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE frequency bands LTE 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 12(700) / 13(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 25(1900) / 26(850) / 28(700) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Nano SIM – Single and dual SIM variants
- OS: Android 8 Oreo + Grace UI
Design, Appearance and Physical Build
- Dimensions: 158.1 x 73.8 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 185 g
- Display: 6.2 inches, 1440 x 2960 pixels, 18:9 ratio, Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Face ID, Accelerometre, Proximity
- Build: Aluminium Frame + IP68 Water and Dust Resistant
- Colours: Black. Gold. Coral Blue.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.8GHz
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (US/China); Exynos 9810 (Global)
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 630 (US/China); Mali-G72 MP18 (Global)
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB / 256 GB
- External Storage: MicroSD card up to 256 GB (dedicated in single SIM variant)
Photography and Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 12 MP, f/1.5 + 12 MP, f/2.4 dual camera, auto-focus, LED flash; Video recording: Dual-video recording, 2160p @ 60 fps
- Front-facing Camera: 8 megapixels, f/1.7 aperture, autofocus.
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Stereo
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio:
- Bluetooth: v5.0
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v3.1, Type-C, USB-OTG
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Payment: Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- Charging: Adaptive Fast Charging (QuickCharge 2.0). Qi Fast Wirrless Charging.
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-removable Lithium-Ion 3500 mAh
- Announced: February 25, 2018
- Availability: March 16, 2018
- Price of Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus: $839.99
Other Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Resources
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ Review: The Best By A Mile
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ Performance Benchmarks
- Conversations with Bixby Voice: A first impressions experience
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Review Rating
Having reviewed the S9+, we have given it a review rating of 4.8/5.0.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
At the time of its arrival, there was no question about the position of the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. The specs told us it was the undisputed king of Android smartphones in 2018. You get a beautiful, sleek (and slippery) body, so be sure to buy a protective case for use with it to avoid stories that touch.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus puts in your hand best in class camera, the most powerful processor, 6 GB of RAM, a decent battery, fast charging, and pretty much every cutting edge feature of the day.
News and Updates
August 2018: Samsung Mobile described the sales of the Galaxy S9 Plus (and the S9) as “slow”. It was the worst-selling Galaxy S flagship phone since the Galaxy S3 in 2012.
March 2018: DxOMark reviewed the camera of the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus and rated it as one of the best camera phones released in 2018 and was given a rating of 99. DxOMark’s verdict reads:
The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus is a smartphone without any real weaknesses in the camera department. In both still and video modes, it performs well across the board, delivering consistently good photo and video image quality in all light and shooting situations, thus earning itself our highest DxOMark Mobile score to date. Add one of the best smartphone zooms and a capable bokeh simulation mode to the mix, and the Galaxy S9 Plus is difficult to ignore for any photo-minded smartphone user. With the Galaxy S9 Plus, Samsung is setting the pace for 2018. We’ll see if the competition can follow suit.
March 2019: Android 9 Pie software update was released for the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. Among other things, it came with the new One UI custom skin, as well as system-wide Night Mode. The update also brought an improvement to the camera’s Live Focus mode, as well as general performance improvements to the device.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information about Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus mobile phone on this page is 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.