The successor to Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S9, is official and it is looking good. Let’s start with an introduction to this powerful premium smartphone’s specs and features.
For starters, the Galaxy S9 has a 5.9 inches FullView screen with 18:9 aspect ratio. That means it has very thin bezels and allows the big screen to fit into a significantly smaller body.
It runs Android 8 Oreo, meaning you have nothing to worry about outdated software on your phone. Samsung’s flagship phones have always had good cameras. The Samsung Galaxy S9 is no exception. This time, there is a dual camera setup with two 12 megapixel cameras sitting side by side on the back of the phone.
All the usual goodies are there: the Samsung S9 is powerful, feature-packed, and good looking as well. It is Samsung’s 2018 best, after all.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Specifications and Price
Find below the full Samsung Galaxy S9 specifications, features, availability and price.
Samsung S9: Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE frequency bands LTE 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 12(700) / 13(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 25(1900) / 26(850) / 28(700) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Nano SIM – Single and dual SIM variants
- OS: Android 8 Oreo + Grace UI
Samsung S9: Design
- Dimensions: 147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 163g
- Display: 5.8 inches, 1440 x 2960 pixels, 18:9 ratio, Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Face ID, Accelerometre, Proximity
- Build: Metal + IP68 Water and Dust Resistant
- Colours: Midnight Black. Lilac Purple. Coral Blue. Titanium Gray
Samsung S9: Hardware
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.8GHz
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (US/China); Exynos 9810 (Global)
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 630 (US/China); Mali-G72 MP18 (Global)
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB / 128GB / 256GB
- External Storage: MicroSD card up to 256 GB (dedicated in single SIM variant)
Samsung S9: Cameras
- Rear: Dual 12 megapixels, f/1.5 + 12 megapixels, f/2.4, auto-focus, LED flash
- Video recording: dual-video recording, 2160p @ 60 fps
- Front-facing: 8 megapixels, f/1.7, autofocus
Samsung S9: Multimedia
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Stereo
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio:
Samsung S9: Connectivity
- Bluetooth: v5.0
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes; with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v3.1, Type-C, USB-OTG
- Infra-red (IR) remote: No.
Samsung S9: Miscellaneous Features
- Payment: Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- Charging: Adaptive Fast Charging (QuickCharge 2.0)
- Battery Type and Capacity: Lithium-Ion 3,000mAh
- Announced: February 25, 2018
- Availability: March 16, 2018
- Samsung Galaxy 9 Price: $719.99
Samsung Galaxy S9: Your Questions Answered
Does the Samsung Galaxy S9 have an IR blaster (infra-red port or infrared remote)? Unfortunately, it does not have an infra-red port or any such functionality.
Is the Galaxy S9 a Wi-Fi 6 device? No; it does not support Wifi 6.
Samsung Galaxy S9 News
December 2018: Samsung S9 began to get the Android 9 Pie update. This update also replaces the Samsung Experience UI with the company’s new custom interface, OneUI.
June 2019: Samsung Galaxy S9 recived Night Mode via an OTA firmware update.
January 2020: Samsung S9 began to receive OneUI 2.0 based on Android 10.
June 2020: Samsung rolled out OneUI 2.1 to the Samsung Galaxy S9.
October 2020: OneUI 2.5 began to rollout to the Samsung S9.
Where To Buy Samsung Galaxy S9?
You will find Samsung Galaxy S9 to purchase in retail stores, as well as on online stores across the world. Some of those stores will provide shipping to you anywhere in their countries of operation. In some countries, like the USA, you can pick one up on a contract with your wireless carrier/mobile network.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the TECNO Camon 16 Premier are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
That motivated, gadget-loving geeky chic who tries to stay on top of things. Unapologetic iFan. Currently rocking an Apple iPhone 7.