The problem of smartphone overheating is a fairly regular complaint among mobile users. Does your smartphone sometimes feel too hot while you use it? There are a number of reasons why this may be happening, and we have compiled them to help you solve the problem.
Smartphone Overheating Quick Guide
- Battery problems: Some smartphones tend to heat up during charging. This especially happens when you use it while it is plugged in. Also, the battery could heat up even while it is not plugged in. in this case, you can check the battery status. Simply dial *#*#4636#*#* for information on your phone. If you see anything other than “good” in the section labeled “Battery Status”, you might need to change your battery.
- Charger problems: If you notice your smartphone overheating while charging around the charging point, it might be a fault in the charger. In this case, you need to replace the charger.
- Heavy apps/games: Some apps and games use up a lot of processing power while you use them. If you use these apps over a long period of time, your smartphone will overheat. If it happens only when you use these apps, then don’t worry. You just need to close the app and let the device rest for a while.
- Rogue apps: Some apps are just badly designed. If you install an app and shortly after, your smartphone begins to overheat, there is a possibility that app is responsible for it. Uninstall the app.
- Factory fault: Some overheating is due to a factory fault in the device. In this case, you need to take the smartphone to an authorised service centre to have it fixed
Lastly, your smartphone will warm up considerably if you push it too hard. In such a case, it is a good idea to put it down for a while and let it cool down. Also, avoid leaving your smartphone in hot conditions e.g. on car dashboards or near ovens.
Latest posts by EmmyCN (see all)
- Find your iPhone with Apple Watch’s Ping iPhone feature - February 10, 2018
- How to fix iPhone Bluetooth issues - February 6, 2018
- Here are some things to try out on Twitter for Android - December 7, 2017
- does itel s13 over heating
- why is my itel p32 overheat
- my tecno phantom8 fails to power on and when i connect a charger it began to overheat,whats the solution
- my itel s13 overheating
- solution to tecno h7 over heating