In the last few years, smartphone OEM’s have so much focused on photography and improving the quality of pictures taken from a smartphone. Chinese OEM, Meitu is no exception. Sometime last year, they launched an app that uses AI (artificial intelligence) to make pictures look better, today, they have infused the feature into the new Meitu T8 smartphone.
What’s special about the Meitu T8 ? It uses AI technology to beautify selfies. The inbuilt software applies various techniques to improve the image. This involves image smoothening, teeth whitening and other image filters, this gladly happens in real-time. Suspicions have arisen, citing that the company is harvesting and selling user data.
Meitu denied the claims, saying that the data was only used to improve the picture beautification algorithm. A quick look at the features of the Meitu T8.
Quick specs of the Meitu T8
- 2.3 GHz Helio X MT6979 deca-core processor.
- 5.2-inch, 1920×1080p, AMOLED display.
- 4 GB RAM, 128 GB onboard storage.
- USB Type-C.
- MEIOS 3.5 operating system.
- Nano SIM support.
- Front 12 MP dual pixel shooter with phase detection, autofocus. 21 MP rear camera, 1080p @ 3ofps video recording.
- 3,580 mAh battery with fast charge.
- Available colors: Magical Orange, Jazz Gold, Dazzling Blue, and Diamond Grey.
- Price: $480 in China.