Nokia has announced the 603, a Symbian smartphone running the latest version, Belle. The 603 is a colourful, affordable, no compromise smartphone preloaded with the latest apps and featuring single-tap pairing, sharing and tag reading with NFC.
This baby was designed to appeal to first timers in the smartphone world, and is made affordable without the compromise of quality. It comes preloaded with maps, latest social networking apps, HD games etc.
What to expect
– 3.5-inch, 360 x 640 pixel ClearBlack LCD display
– A powerful 1GHZ processor to make your apps run quickly & smoothly
– 2GB internal storage + microSD card slot
– 512MB RAM / 1024 MB ROM
– 5 megapixel full-focus camera
– Wi-Fi, NFC, USB, FM radio, a 3.5 mm audio jack
– up to six customizable homescreens and dynamic live widgets
– Up to six choices of back covers
– Scratch proof resistance display, optimized for use in sunlight.
– €200 (around N45,000)
The Nokia 603 is expected to start shipping in the fourth quarter of 2011.