The UMIDIGI S is a 4G smartphone with a 5.5-inch 2.5D display, 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB of internal storage and an aluminum alloy unibody. There’s a big 4000 mAh battery with quick charge as well. In terms of specs, it looks like the UMIDIGI S is a step below the UMIDIGI Z1.
For the first time, I am seeing a phone listed as running “UMIDIGI OS”. I am told that if first shipped on the UMIDIGI C Note 2 though. Anyway, UMIDIGI have chosen to ditch stock Android for a customised user experience on their smartphones. Info available says that the features of the new OS include: user interface customisations, power saving, and faster Android updates. We are not sure how UMIDIGI will pull off the last item, but we will find out for sure.
You can find the rest of the S’s specifications below.
UMIDIGI S Specifications
Network and Software
- GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 7(2600) / 20(800)
- SIM Type: Dual Nano SIM (dual stand-by)
- OS: Android 7 Nougat + UMI OS
- Dimensions: 154 x 76 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 168 g
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1080 x 1920 pixels (401 PPI), LCD 2.5D Arc Capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass
- Build: Full Metal Unibody
- Colours: Gold. Black.
- Processor Type: Octa-core 2.3 GHz Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: MTK6757 Helio P20
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali-T880 MP2 900MHz
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB (hybrid slot)
- Rear: Dual 13 + 5 megapixels lenses, PDAF, autofocus, dual LED flash
- Video recording: 1080p, 2k, 4k
- Front-facing: 5 megapixel
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio:
- Bluetooth: v4.1
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB 2.0, Type-C
- Charging: PE Quick Charge
- Battery: Li-Polymer 4000 mAh
- Announced: June 2017
- Availability: June 2017
- Launch Price: $199.99
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.