Unihertz makes uncommon phones for under-served sections of the mobile phone market. The latest product in their lineup is called Tank. The name speaks for itself: Unihertz Tank is a rugged smartphone and built like a tank and is water, dust, and shock resistant. The 6.81-inch display is protected by Panda Glass MN228, a Gorilla Glass alternative.
Powering Unihertz Tank is a 4G-enabled MediaTek MT6789 Helio G99 processor. There is a massive 22000mAh battery, coupled with 66W fast charging. That way you can charge it up quickly for use for extended periods away from a power source. The manufacturer says the battery will last a week. We are itching to put it to test and see for ourselves.
What are the other special features that makes Unihertz Tank stand out as a rugged smartphone for the outdoors? There is a 108MP rear camera with infrared night vision, as well as a powerful flash with multiple modes. Lastly, there is a toolkit providing features to help you navigate the great outdoors.
Unihertz Tank Specifications
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz. TDSCDMA (Band 34/39)
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz. CDMA2000 (Band BC0/BC1)
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE-FDD 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/18/19/20/25/26/28A/28B/66), LTE-TDD (Band 34/38/39/40/41).
- 5G mobile network bands: No
- SIM Card Type: Dual Nano SIM Card
- Dimensions: 175.6 × 85.30 × 23.9 mm
- Weight: 560 g
- OS: Android 12
- Display: 6.81 inches, 2340 × 1080 pixels, 60Hz refresh rate, Panda Glass MN228 protection
- Build: IP68 water and dust resistance. Shock resistance. MIL-STD-810H military standard.
- CPU: MediaTek MT6789 Helio G99 Octa-Core 2.0-2.2GHz
- Memory: 8GB + 256GB LPDDR4
- Micro SD: No
- Rear Camera: 108MP Main Camera + 20MP Night Vision Camera
- Front Camera: 32MP
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), G-Sensor, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light Sensor, Compass, Baroceptor
- Facial Recognition: Yes
- Infrared Port: Yes
- USB: USB Type C, OTG
- Programmable Key: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- 3.5mm Headphone Jack: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- NFC: Yes
- Wi-Fi: WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz/5GHz, Wi-Fi Direct, WI-FI Display, Wi-Fi Hotspot（V2.0）
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Bluetooth 3.0+HS, Bluetooth 4.1+HS, Bluetooth 5.3
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS + BeiDou + Galileo
- Battery: Non-Removable 22000mAh
- Charging Speed: 66W fast charging
- Wireless Charging: No
Unihert Tank Availability
Unihertz ships to USA, Canada, UK, the European Union, and the Oceania region only.
Unihertz Tank: Price And How To Buy
How much is Tank? It costs $339.99 and can be purchased directly from the Unihertz website, as well as from AliExpress. MobilityArena is supported by its audience. When you purchase through a link on our website, we earn an affiliate commission. Buy Unihertz Tank.
Alternatives And Competition
A competing rugged smartphone in the same price range at this time: UleFone Armor 12 5G, which shows up with a more powerful, more advanced processor that supports 5G networks and underwater photography. Both are rated IP68 MIL-STD-810. It has more RAM – 12GB, but is a downgrade in screen resolution (only 6.52 inches, 720 x 1600 pixels) and protection (no toughened glass), battery size (only 5180mAh), and battery charging (only 18W). It costs $399.99, which is the same as the Unihertz Tank.
In January 2023, DOOGEE introduced the DOOGEE V Max, and it is identical to Unihertz Tank in many ways, including in having a 22000mAh battery and a 108-megapixel camera. The V Max supports 5G networks, though, which is missing in the Tank.
Lastly, if you are buying the Unihertz Tank, you definitely do not want to be holding up a 560g phone to your head for phone calls; you should buy earbuds and/or a wired earpiece for your telephone calls. Otherwise, prepare to experience cramps in your arm and hand.
- Don’t miss our mobile phone reviews.
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
MobilityArena may earn some commission when you purchase through the links below.
- Create any type of website in minutes, even if you have no coding skills? Build your website now.
- Own a unique smartphone that meets your specific needs. Buy now.
Way back from the days of EPOC, Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems, founder of MobilityArena, Mister Mobility, has owned a few hundred smartphones and tablets, and counting.
3 thoughts on “Unihertz Tank, Rugged Phone, 22000mAh battery, 66W fast charging: Detailed Specs, Price”
This will be good for workouts. 🤣
You can say that again.
No 5G no higher screen refresh rate in 2023 is not acceptable for a phone >$300